Random Photos.

Resized_20210326_155158.jpeg

Them two either side of the dead tree are what I call Ghost Gums their trunk shines white my the moonlight at night revealing ghostly ghastly drop bear shapes! That tree has stripped it's flakey bark back.
A possum lives in that dead tree and I kid you not crawls down head first I've even witnessed it do this with a baby on its back! I can tell when she's comming down you can hear her claws gripping the tree as she heads down.
Luckily she hasn't taken too much of a liking to my vege garden but I'm suspicious of passionfruit disappearance hmmm:).

I flew home last year from Aus a day or two before they locked down travel. It's a beautiful country. I was able to fly to Brisbane for the weekend and go to the Australia Zoo, which was entirely worth it. I only panicked driving on the wrong side of the road a few times.

I flew home last year from Aus a day or two before they locked down travel. It's a beautiful country. I was able to fly to Brisbane for the weekend and go to the Australia Zoo, which was entirely worth it. I only panicked driving on the wrong side of the road a few times.
That's near where I live :) just up the road a bit more.

Cool, assuming I ever get back over there for work I'll have to do more organizing and darken your doorstep. It was beautiful country.

My random picture for today is my buddy running his "modified" propane van out of fuel on the Yellowhead highway this morning. I went out and got him towed to a fuel station safely, then we worked on it some today. It's quite the beast.

upload_2021-3-28_18-58-23.png

Cool, assuming I ever get back over there for work I'll have to do more organizing and darken your doorstep. It was beautiful country.

My random picture for today is my buddy running his "modified" propane van out of fuel on the Yellowhead highway this morning. I went out and got him towed to a fuel station safely, then we worked on it some today. It's quite the beast.

View attachment 14953
Sure is! The old rust bucket:p.

Finally had a chance to go up to my work and visit the animals that I care for (at least, I did until I injured my back last winter). It will be a while before I'm able to work as a keeper due to physical limitations, but I might be able to return as a Safari Guide, which is also something that I enjoy doing. Here's some pictures of my kids and the safari truck that I'll be driving. They are converted M83 Power Wagons (military versions of Dodge), so don't call it a Jeep :D some of our trucks are over 50 years old

Here's our zebra herd, a common eland bull (he probably weighs over 2000 lbs but can jump a 6ft fence from a standstill), and one of our female waterbucks. @Zambezi Special anything look familiar?? :)
Screenshot_20210406-131101_Instagram.jpg
20210406_103208.jpg
20210406_103019.jpg
20210406_103947.jpg

His 2019 Tour has the Barcelona stop on You Tube. Great show - you get to see the whole concert.

Is that Paul Simon

Hillbilly living at its best, nothing like a home like that with a john deere mower, and believe it or not that's 30 minutes away from my house

20210405121416439024000000-o.jpg

Finally had a chance to go up to my work and visit the animals that I care for (at least, I did until I injured my back last winter). It will be a while before I'm able to work as a keeper due to physical limitations, but I might be able to return as a Safari Guide, which is also something that I enjoy doing. Here's some pictures of my kids and the safari truck that I'll be driving. They are converted M83 Power Wagons (military versions of Dodge), so don't call it a Jeep :D some of our trucks are over 50 years old

Here's our zebra herd, a common eland bull (he probably weighs over 2000 lbs but can jump a 6ft fence from a standstill), and one of our female waterbucks. @Zambezi Special anything look familiar?? :)
View attachment 15103 View attachment 15104 View attachment 15105 View attachment 15106

Yep, looks familiar ;)
Except for vegetation.
I'm currently seeing more hippo and crocs though.
And sometimes these guys:
elephant in water 4 -07112010.jpg

Back