Random Photos.

Is there a Great Lakes version of the Loch Ness monster?
Of course there is! Even named their minor pro hockey team after it!

upload_2021-4-22_10-26-14.png

upload_2021-4-22_10-27-55.png

Of course there is! Even named their minor pro hockey team after it!

View attachment 15396
View attachment 15397
I was hoping there would be :) my friends at have started a podcast where they discuss if it's possible to keep various mythical creatures in a zoological facility. I'll have to suggest Bessie the Lake Erie monster for a future episode :)

Sitting on a private dock on the largest naturally occurring lake in California with a giant plastic goblet filled with 10 Barrel Brewing's Apocalypse IPA. First real vacation for us since quarantine started. Cheers!View attachment 15854
Aren't you the lucky one !!!

I'm home (well, building a home)
IMG_20210518_175259.jpg

Looks quite rural there. Electricity?

Very rural!
No electricity.
I use solar, gas and charcoal for cooking, wood to heat my geyser and a generator when needed (welding, grinding etc).
Water comes from the river, and, believe it or not, is safe for drinking

Yep.
It's a baobab and we estimate it to be around 500 years old!
Holy Shnikies! That is one old tree! It must have just been a little sappling when the Europeans first came to North America!

Found a friend in the garden. I believe it's an alligator lizard View attachment 15901
I’m sure you know they bite, right? Years ago, when I worked at a desk, something landed on my lap from the underside of the desk. Yep, a big alligator lizard. Scary, given that I was wearing shorts with sandals. Anyway, I ushered the lizard to the outdoors, with no harm to either of us.

I’m sure you know they bite, right? Years ago, when I worked at a desk, something landed on my lap from the underside of the desk. Yep, a big alligator lizard. Scary, given that I was wearing shorts with sandals. Anyway, I ushered the lizard to the outdoors, with no harm to either of us.
Haha yes, we covered that in my zoology classes; "Things with mouths can bite" 101

Back