Pulling out fence posts.

Oh next thread : putting in fence posts :D.

So I'm thinking string lines are in order.
I was thinking put my end post in then run stringline off leading edge of this to line my other posts to...

Oh next thread : putting in fence posts :D.

So I'm thinking string lines are in order.
I was thinking put my end post in then run stringline off leading edge of this to line my other posts to...
Nah everything is done with lasers now! You didn't know? Even the holes are made with lasers!

Footings and such just need to be installed below the frost line, then they stay put!
Being from the North, I actually laughed out loud when the local building inspector said, in all seriousness, that the frost line is a whole 12 inches here in Atlanta.

Nah everything is done with lasers now! You didn't know? Even the holes are made with lasers!
And lasers for BREWING WTF

Listening to that experimental brewing podcast 59 well you smart man Minibari :D

So it begins the posts are going in today.
It started raining but now sunshine yay!
20220430_101205.jpg

50lt I bucketed out of each of them holes!

Them posts are in.
50lt per hole I bucketed out.
Will post pics some on the zoom already got the royal mud tour.
20220502_145507.jpg

Here's what I'm thinking for my gate maybe
20220501_144245.jpg

Idea is to tongue and grouve the pailings then brace them with another pailing as above.
Just gotta find enough straight ish boards then I'll rip a clean edge on them. Then set about doing the tounge and grouve.

State of end of play Monday Arvo

That's a very nice looking gate frame you got there Ben. Covering it up with those boards will really make it look nice.

That's a very nice looking gate frame you got there Ben. Covering it up with those boards will really make it look nice.
Cheers Don I think so.
Well its a bit more elaborate than slapping the boards straight on.
Just used the previous one to save on coin I just cleaned it up a bit and gave it a cote of paint.

Looking nice.

Make sure those braces go on correctly. (Should be on bottom at the hinge)

Looking nice.

Make sure those braces go on correctly. (Should be on bottom at the hinge)
Hey I'm not picking up what your putting down the braces you mean them bits of board on the outside of the gate bits?

Back