Other hobbies

Alrighty there we go
image.jpeg

I need another bike in my life !
Sadly local drivers here in Radelaide are very poor at seeing bikes and giving them room
Oh yea I've owned this bike all of four days and I've already locked up the breaks because someone couldn't see me! :eek: There was a black line on the road and a brown mark on me pants:D

It's a 2001 model oldie but a goodie it's got the Yamaha R1 motor in it but de tuned so will still get up and go but more control for people like me:).

Mmmm probably should use this clause here homebrew and motorbikes don't mix:eek:!

I had a few brown underwear moments over the years , Ben would remember the old road up the hills towards Maleny had a section called the icebox , moss and occasionally black ice on the road with a rock wall one side and a heavily forested steep drop on other side .
Not a great place for an oncoming car to lose control and me with nowhere safe to go .....still don't know how I missed them !

I had a few brown underwear moments over the years , Ben would remember the old road up the hills towards Maleny had a section called the icebox , moss and occasionally black ice on the road with a rock wall one side and a heavily forested steep drop on other side .
Not a great place for an oncoming car to lose control and me with nowhere safe to go .....still don't know how I missed them !
They have just recently fixed that section up and made it wider its at the top of the hill as you head up from Landsborough. Yea thinking of doing that ride this weekend but going to wards Mapleton then down through flax ton and into Nambour then back onto the Bruce hwy:cool:. no accident is a good accident especially when your on a motorbike. Either way driving a motor vehicle is dangerous stuff your safer flying then driving. At least I'll have some fun before I die touch wood:).

Yeah they fixed it a few years back , unless they've done it again since .
Are the boys in blue still camping on the tourist road every weekend pinging bikers but ignoring the cars doing 25 k under the limit ?
I built a few houses around the hills there so if you see a nice one it might just be one of mine !

Yea fixed it again about a year or more back. I'm pretty new to these parts Mark been down this way 4 years but definitely like the hinterland. I guess I'll find out about the policemen it's hard to stay under the limits on a bike

10 years ago that stretch of road was downright lethal , blind corners and undulated with near permanent slippery spots .
i nearly rolled a truck load of cattle there another night ....silly bloody cows lean out on corners !

Apart from the pens I turn....
On Sunday mornings I sail this...
and other models - South Manchester Model Boat Club, Platt Fields park lake

Attachments

• sail boat-1.JPG
    sail boat-1.JPG
    644.1 KB · Views: 135
I kayak fish a lot. I got a Feelfree Lure and it's proved to be a real stable fishing platform.

Also hunt artifacts (arrowheads and other stone tools)

nice I fish in the summer, I mostly troll in my pontoon boat, I always come back with something

I kayak fish a lot. I got a Feelfree Lure and it's proved to be a real stable fishing platform.

I've been getting into a bit of that too TXBrew but it sure is a juggle once you land a fish keeping your rod dry and unhooking it all at the same time:eek:.

:eek:i like my feet firmly on the ground and IF in a boat it has to be a decent size,mainly because the fish i catch are so damn big:D:D

Back