Other hobbies

HA! I saw the pic and though, "that could be a lake in NY" (where I originally hail from...), then I saw your location. :D

PS, for chub1... smallmouth bass. ;)
A ha,thanks,thought it was a bass of some sort.Do they take a fly or mainly lures?

A ha,thanks,thought it was a bass of some sort.Do they take a fly or mainly lures?
I'll leave that answer up to those among us who actually fish...
All I know is that they are (in NY) primarily lake dwelling fish, and therefore primarily fished with lures (from what I have seen).
'Bout the only thing I fished for in my younger days were bullheads in ponds, sunfish in lakes and trout in brooks, so my experience and knowledge is extremely limited.

Last edited:
Fishing stories ? I watched some cowboys trying to catch the giant grouper that lives under the jetty in Weipa Far north QLD , used 8mm or 5 /16 steel wire rope on a landcruiser mounted winch and still couldnt lift the bugger and ended up straightening the hook
Seems very hard to get any decent fish off the jetty there , can get a hook in them no worries but sharks or the grouper tend to get them on way in

Well this is what I spent the weekend working on a hallway cupboard to put all my electronic gear that needs charging ect. A sort of work station where you go to grab all your stuff before heading to work. So I got a brew down and built this whilst consuming some hombrew not a bad effort me thinks;). Just need to give it a lick or two of varnish and she's done.
image.jpeg

Built from scratch ? well done ! i have a workshop but mostly couldn't be bothered with furniture unless i'm getting paid
Yeah well some of,us do other things for a living Mark:p. Yeah Bunnings had a good deal I thought on laminated red wood and pine boards and my mind got busy thinking how I could accommodate this price fix to suit:).
It's all original from my homebrew beer washed nogin ;), well I take it as a compliment Marky Boy:D.

I finished up this behind-the-couch table. It's the first table I've made so I definitely learned some things. It's not the sturdiest thing in the world but you can't tell when it's pinched between the couch and wall.

Attachments

• Table.jpg
    Table.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 155
I finished up this behind-the-couch table. It's the first table I've made so I definitely learned some things. It's not the sturdiest thing in the world but you can't tell when it's pinched between the couch and wall.

I've never seen that before. I really like it, especially the outlets

Thanks for sharing

Really handy looking. I shouldn't have showed the boss now it's on my list!

These are the general plans that I followed: http://blog.jennasuedesign.com/2015/06/diy-sofa-table-tutorial/ but unlike those plans, I realized later that I should have cut down 2x6 into 2x2 instead of trying to work with 2x2. They warp way too easily. Also, instead of gluing and screwing on the top, I used these fasteners: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006FKSA6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to allow for wood movement. They were actually pretty slick to use.

Maybe change out one of the outlets to a dual outlet/USB, then the phone and other appliances can get charged quickly. Great stuff. Looks great!

Love fishing , camping, anything outdoors really . Couple years back now , my brothers and I started a yearly bro-cation. We've done backpacks and kayaks on 30 miles of the current river in Missouri, couple of 14ers in Colorado and just plain wandering around Colorado with backpacks and our fly rods . Do a little woodworking mostly for SWMBO. We are chronic rehab addicts always got to be fixing something up.
This year after much debate and compromise ~my love of camping and her want of a "tiny house" we bought a 30 year old travel trailer and are working on gutting it and giving it the total HGTV makeover

Attachments

• IMG_0080.JPEG
    IMG_0080.JPEG
    96 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    614.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    569.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    650.2 KB · Views: 135
Looks like a lot of fun there Llewellyn will take some work, time and a lot of homebrews to get it done.

Off up the creek fishing in kayak i made no power boats up here just me and them damned fish that dont like the look of my lure:).
Looks good. What would you expect to catch there?
Was out myself last week with my grandson fly fishing for rainbow trout. Had one but it was hard work. Plenty of fish showing but turning noses up at my offerings.

Shredding the mountain at Arapahoe Basin yesterday. Took a friend's son who doesn't get to go as often as he'd like. Kept us off the East Wall but we had a great April ski day.

Back