Other hobbies

I used to be somewhat into RC planes myself. That was fun while it lasted. I never had a huge set up. Must be common to my hobbies. I'm not overly elaborate with brewing hardware, and I don't know all the buzzwords either. But I like what I make and I have fun doing it!

I took my woodworking DIY side of my hobbies to an extreme two years ago and spent about a year building a wooden double sea kayak. It was a kit type construction with step by step instructions. But when I'm out in the water in it it sure as s rewarding.

All I can say is it sure is amazing what one can do when they put their mind to to it and dedication.

I think hombrewing has now taken over that hobbie :rolleyes:. At least I don't have to go far to get a decent beer when working on my next big project ha ha.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    796.4 KB · Views: 181
awesome, I spent 15 years building custom cabinets, working 90 hours a week when I was young, breathing oak saw dust was an every day thing lol, I miss it but I don't lol

R/C planes - check. Fishing, yep. I don't know how to make boats. :(

But from this thread looks like folks who brew just live better lives all around...

I'll give boat building a miss .... Have worked on a few that people tried to build themselves and failed .
They heard we have a good workshop so brought them to me .
I also get a lot of beds to repair for some reason , think with the average weight increasing faster than bed engineering standards are improving

Main hobby is fishing,mostly trout fishing these days but also coarse fishing.Have an N Gauge model railway that i tinker with now and then and obviously my beer making.

Have i told you guys about my newest hobby mmm i got the flick from my last job long story idiot boss. Anyhow i spent my payout on a yamaha YZS1000 motorbike! Ill see if i can post a pick through missus is giving me an extra long hug now when leaving the house lol:eek::D.

I tell ya what though sure makes loosing that job feel goog though:p.

I had a yz125 when I was younger, talk about jumping dirt mounds whew, broke my nutz a few times on that bike

Hang on its a YFS1000 faser. Woops dont even know what im riding haha .

Man i cant load photos off.of.this samsung galaxy phone though photo to large even after cropping it down. Will have to wait till get home load up on ipad

yes I gave up riding for that very reason, I had a KZ1000 for years an gave it up especially since phones are more important than the road, Ive seen too many deaths for stupid reasons...Im out lol

Back