I brewed today!

i Have 2 lids for my fermzilla. I pooped the one with an airlock off and put the one with 2 balllock disconnects and attached my spunding valve. It’s open for now but I’ll spund after it’s droppped a few more points.

Brewed my Voss Blonde today.
Chilling overnight and will pitch a little yeast tomorrow.

I didn't take many pictures, but I got one
of my sophisticated temperature controlled mash set up
IMG_20231221_113203_581.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8050.jpeg
    IMG_8050.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8051.jpeg
    IMG_8051.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
looks tasty! how are you adding the beans? scraped and chopped in vodka?
I was going to but decided to cut and scrape to expose insides and add to fermenter as an experiment. I may soak a bean or two in some bourbon and add that to the keg as well

It goes into a bottle with starsan.

As you know, the speidel airlock is huge!
It works fine, but I figured this set up would suit me better at some times

Not sure why I set my batch volume to 24 liters on this one.
Because more beer is better! I have on occasion pushed the volume in the BK or fermenter because the beer was something I really liked and wanted to make it last as long as possible by making as much as possible.

Because more beer is better! I have on occasion pushed the volume in the BK or fermenter because the beer was something I really liked and wanted to make it last as long as possible by making as much as possible.
I have a kegland carb tee, so I will put the extra volume into a 2L PET, waste not, want not!

Brewing this
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1442177/gf-xpa

ATM

Into the kegmenter it went 13 brix 1 point off target winning!
It's cooling down with 50g each Vic Secret and Taiheke yehaar!

I'll do another low C:N overnight BRY-97 starter and let that loose in there tomorrow for the 1st day of the year.

Last edited:

Back