I brewed today!

I

If mints anything like peppermint I put a good handful of whole sprigs in leaf stem and all that gets a very noticeable peppermint flavour and less of an aroma in that wheat style beer.
Since it was a small batch, I chopped up about 4 stems and leaves to toss in. I just transferred to the fermenter and I got no mint at all.

Since it was a small batch, I chopped up about 4 stems and leaves to toss in. I just transferred to the fermenter and I got no mint at all.
Ah yeas 1.5 gallons.hmmm yeah I didn't measure weight just spit balled it both times.

Hey here is what you can do Clint.

When she's all fermented have a taste and if it needs more mint add roughly what you did when brewing it.

Make a tea let cool put this in the 600ml coke bottle (drink coke first) then push all the air out the bottle using a carb cap push all that mint tea into your fermenter via the gas post.
Then give the keg a gentle rock rock and this should bring it Into line.

So I just brewed the wheat beer peppermint again and I added the peppermint with the Corriander on the no chill

And the other time before Christmas I did the Tea as described above and I tell you man they both turned out the same on peppermint flavour actually I can't pick up the Corriander ATM either.

Ah yeas 1.5 gallons.hmmm yeah I didn't measure weight just spit balled it both times.

Hey here is what you can do Clint.

When she's all fermented have a taste and if it needs more mint add roughly what you did when brewing it.

Make a tea let cool put this in the 600ml coke bottle (drink coke first) then push all the air out the bottle using a carb cap push all that mint tea into your fermenter via the gas post.
Then give the keg a gentle rock rock and this should bring it Into line.

So I just brewed the wheat beer peppermint again and I added the peppermint with the Corriander on the no chill

And the other time before Christmas I did the Tea as described above and I tell you man they both turned out the same on peppermint flavour actually I can't pick up the Corriander ATM either.
Thanks for tip. It sounds like a winner.

A Scottish Light (60/-) today. Gravity came in a little heavy so it’s more like 67 schillings. :)

I boiled some wort down into a syrup and added it back to the boil. Not sure what it will accomplish but it was a fun side hustle on brew day.
IMG_1532.jpeg

In the fermenter, with a John Collins in the glass. Basically, that’s a Whiskey Sour topped with some club soda. Not exactly a drink for the dead of winter, but always hits the spot.

IMG_1536.jpeg

A Scottish Light (60/-) today. Gravity came in a little heavy so it’s more like 67 schillings. :)

I boiled some wort down into a syrup and added it back to the boil. Not sure what it will accomplish but it was a fun side hustle on brew day. View attachment 28103

In the fermenter, with a John Collins in the glass. Basically, that’s a Whiskey Sour topped with some club soda. Not exactly a drink for the dead of winter, but always hits the spot.

View attachment 28104
Got something against Tom? :p

Brewed the Q1 Zambezi Special Belgian

Mash basket worked perfectly on the double batch I should done this years ago.
20240210_150838.jpg

See bolt holding it up.

Looks like I hit mu usual numbers with an extra long mash hit 1.059 or 13.4 brix I dialed my efficiency down for the recipe and double batch lesson learned.
20240210_152242.jpg

I found making a syrup outta the sugar a great way to add I usually have to desolve it in a pot anyway. This way it's already mixed and ready to go along with its inversion.

20240210_173553.jpg

Found a clamp holds that kegmenter up sweet.

Screenshot_20240210_184409_Gallery.jpg

Two little starters ready to roll tomorrow.

Brewed the Q1 Zambezi Special Belgian

Mash basket worked perfectly on the double batch I should done this years ago.View attachment 28410
See bolt holding it up.

Looks like I hit mu usual numbers with an extra long mash hit 1.059 or 13.4 brix I dialed my efficiency down for the recipe and double batch lesson learned.View attachment 28411
I found making a syrup outta the sugar a great way to add I usually have to desolve it in a pot anyway. This way it's already mixed and ready to go along with its inversion.

View attachment 28412
Found a clamp holds that kegmenter up sweet.

View attachment 28413
Two little starters ready to roll tomorrow.
Welcome to Brewers Friend @GFHomebrew , we use to have a guy named Ben on here that brewed gluten free, I think lived near you too!

Welcome to Brewers Friend @GFHomebrew , we use to have a guy named Ben on here that brewed gluten free, I think lived near you too!
Thanks yes big shoes to fill trying my best.
Screenshot_20240211_122930_Gallery.jpg

Fermentations going ganbusters today too feeds Into the one jar no temp control!

Belgian on left saison in Corny.

Last edited:
Sorta reminds me of going to the dentist with all them tools laid out so neatly :rolleyes: :p.

Hope it's going great for you megary.
Yes, thanks! Brew day was awesome. Got it pitched around 57-58F, numbers within a margin of error, sample tasted great, cleaned up in a jiffy.

I love this hobby. :D

Back