I brewed today!

Cheers on the Alt. I got Cal Common going only to build up some lager yeast.

And it was one of those rare, Zen-like brewing days when all the chaos stayed upstairs and everything went right. Will share the Alt with you at the next homebrew night.

Nosybear said:
And it was one of those rare, Zen-like brewing days when all the chaos stayed upstairs and everything went right. Will share the Alt with you at the next homebrew night.

Not sure Ill be there. Its the Broncos Game. I could record it, and watch later I suppose. I was wondering if anyone would be there. At home brewers night, that is, not the game. Are you going for sure? If so I may just skip the game, Drink beer with you, and watch it later.

I plan to be there but it did sneak up on me. Alt will not be ready by Thursday so I'll have to share it in November. Bummer!

I know this doesn't fully count, but i bottled version 2 of a bitter that a friend and I are working on. Smelled deliciously like toffee, but was a little bitter on the backend when my fiance and I tasted it. she liked it though. hopefully that will mellow a bit

and i'm hoping to finally brew a sour wheat, the mast has been sitting since saturday. not really sure how a ton of late addition amarillo will play against the sour, but we will see!

Sour and bitter together taste vaguely poisonous to me but I digress: Planning phase for Raspberry Irish Red underway....

at least it'll only be 3 gallons.

funny, i was looking at some of the more "exotic" fruits at the grocery store yesterday. cactus pears, papaya, starfruits, kiwi, mangos. probably too subtle of a taste to come through in the beer though.
anyway, i'll be interested once you perfect the recipe

Don't know if the recipe is perfected but here it is....

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... -all-grain

I have some more ideas: "Bacon" ale using mesquite-smoked malt and honey malt. Chipotle pepper beer using a touch of chipotle for a bit of burn but getting the flavors from ancho peppers and oak-smoked malt, although I may use mesquite for that as well.... Exotic fruits, well, haven't caught that bug but I like getting suggestions of the flavors through hop selections.

looks tasty so far!

a bacon ale sounds like it could be good. would adding some salt help imitate bacon? maybe not gose-levels of the stuff, but a little bit. i definitely haven't experimented with smoked malt as much as i should.

+1 on trying to get flavors from other places. i do a pretty decent citrus wheat that has absolutely 0 fruit in it. it's all amarillo and citra.

also nosy, that sour wheat didn't go quite as planned. huge whiff of baby barf when i went to heat up the mash to sparge. i had a mylar blanket to help with heat retention this time around. i guess i relied on it too much, i didn't heat up the mash at all after the initial dough-in.

Nosybear said:
Don't know if the recipe is perfected but here it is....

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... -all-grain

I have some more ideas: "Bacon" ale using mesquite-smoked malt and honey malt. Chipotle pepper beer using a touch of chipotle for a bit of burn but getting the flavors from ancho peppers and oak-smoked malt, although I may use mesquite for that as well.... Exotic fruits, well, haven't caught that bug but I like getting suggestions of the flavors through hop selections.

Everything is better, with bacon.

Well, technically yesterday. Finally got around to doing a test batch of a pumpkin milk stout. It'll be interesting because i don't really like pumpkin beers, but I'm willing to try it if it's my own

I brewed today, brewed a English Pub Ale, common beer on tap there, I love the stuff actually :D

Just finished brewing my second Mandarina Bavaria IPA. Fingers crossed that this one doesn't get infected!

Die Daumen sind gedruecked.... On deck for tomorrow, Cousin Boudreau's Blackend Pale Ale Nr. Deux, a Cajun-inspired strong brown ale with chipotle peppers, both real and simulated. It's for a Christmas party, of all things.

Brewed my eleventy-first brew today! A big barleywine with a second brew named after Pippin and Merry with the leftover sugars in the mash and some DME. Lots of homegrown hops in both. Made a full day of it.

I brewed today, brewed my Hell of a Kolsch, got finished and cleaned up just in time for a wind storm, that was close

I keged my experimental Dark IPA today. I'll tap it next Friday and let y'all know

Brewed the base for my pumpkin-peach ale yesterday - stuff it, AB Inbev! I'm doing a Belgian blonde without adjuncts - the simple sugars in the peaches will thin it out quite nicely. Three pounds of pumpkin, harvested and roasted last year, frozen and at time of use, very nearly liquid. Ten pounds of Palisade, CO peaches in secondary for starters, will add more if required.

I brewed today, brewed my Blondie which everyone loves, had to put a sunshade over my brew rig to catch all the leaves falling, have a 30 foot maple tree right over head, worked perfect also drinking my English pub ale .... Awesome beer

Back