I brewed today!

Haha, i don't think the recipe editor can account for the IBU and color contributions of maple leaves quite yet

Peaches made it into the Pumpkin Peach Belgian Blonde last night - perking away nicely this morning! Will let the beer tell me if it needs any spices as the brew progresses....

Nosybear said:
Peaches made it into the Pumpkin Peach Belgian Blonde last night - perking away nicely this morning! Will let the beer tell me if it needs any spices as the brew progresses....
That really sounds like a delicious brew Nosy ! any PIcs on blog ?

Well I brewed my bear down porter today... After such a successful first session with MoMo I was pretty confident going into today's session...missed my gravity big time :cry:
Expected 1.060
Actual 1.046
Guess I got some more work to do on my equipment profile ...on the bright side should still be able to squeeze out 4% abv so that's not the end of the world...got good conversion and efficiency just too much water left after mash

LlewellynBrewHaus said:
Nosybear said:
That really sounds like a delicious brew Nosy ! any PIcs on blog ?
No pics. Once it's done I'll report. Right now it's hard to find the peaches in the mix due to the yeast still in suspension.

Nosybear said:

what?? No smoke malt or Oak chips?

Nope. No oak. No smoke. And so far, no spice.... Wait till you taste the chipotle ale!

And no pictures, either. Sorry! But so far so good on the Pumpkin Peach. Don't think I'll make it again - 10 pounds of peaches and very little flavor from them. There's still a lot of suspended yeast and the Monastery Ale (formerly Trappist Ale) yeast has a strong flavor so I'm hopeful some of the harshness will settle out with the yeast. Time will tell...

rainy day brew day in New Orleans. I totally spilled 2 gallons of sudsy sanitizer water all over my kitchen floor, oops, everything else is running smooth though. Farmhouse IPA on the way, with extra Crystal and Perle.

Munich Dunkel is in the fermenter. This is a re-brew of my award winner. Time to get the lagers going for the new year.

Very strong brown ale (not really any particular style) in the fermenter and perking away after about 12 hours.

Beautiful day in Dayton, Ohio. I have a Munich Helles mashing now.

Aarrgghh! While cleaning up after my brew session, I kicked over a bottle and broke it. At this breakage rate, I'm only good for 2,000 years!

I miss brewing!
I had my employee brew a Kolsch today for me. As much as I want to think everything went perfectly, unless you do it yourself, there's always a question.
He also brewed a pumpkin ale that we split on to 2 yeasts. 1 wlp029 and 1 on wlp810. The 029 is evident in the nose right up front and I like it better than the 810.
The 810 second generation will go into a Cali common on Wednesday.
Happy Brewing!
Brian

A Belgian IPA mashing now with Castle Pilsner55%,white wheat35%,victory7% and 2#Belgian candi sugar-clear/blond to crisp it up a bit. Lots of hops to go in for 87 IBU

Has anyone brewed a Christmas beer yet. I'm currently boiling the Holiday Cheer recipe, converted to all grain, found in Charlie P.'s Complete Joy book on pg 225.

My X-mas beer is currently fermenting. It isn't anything particularly "special" and definitely not spiced, just a 7.5% ABV dark-ish IIPA using Magnum, Polaris and lots of Mandarina Bavaria hops.
It only gets the name "X-mas beer", because I am brewing it to be finished for sharing with family and friends over Christmas/New Years. :D

weather is turning cold and windy here so had a half day of sunshine, I brewed an Ozarks Pale Ale, very popular beer in my house, third generation US05 yeast bubbling away at 60

I did a sour mash yesterday, trying to tweak the original recipe a bit.

Hoping that the new mylar blanket will help to hold the temps while I'm at work, but will probably need to heat it up a few times before Wednesday when I finish brewing.

Really hoping this one turns out as good as the last one for a beer tasting we'll be doing in mid December

6" of fresh snow on the ground and no better way to kick off a Monday than with 11 pounds of grain mashing away for a lagunitas-ish IPA clone :mrgreen:

I didn't see this thread the other day, but I brewed on Thursday the 19th, it was a Honey Pale Ale: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2501

I just whipped up 4 batches of mead yesterday, do those count on here? A blackberry, blueberry, elderberry, and a sweet traditional.

Back