I brewed today!

That's fair, maybe I'll just leave it
Heck i recently did a curve ball hoppy lager and it dropped pretty bright check out what your drinking now thread. But thats 34/70 its great like that. It depends if going traditional or not...;)

I dont usually dry hop my lager s but depends on what you going for i suppose. Remember dry hop my introduce haze
I haven't dry hopped a lager yet, but I am on the hunt for a recipe close the the Hop House 13, boy is that a refreshing brew

Have you any recipes that you'd recommend for a hoppy lager?

Heck i recently did a curve ball hoppy lager and it dropped pretty bright check out what your drinking now thread. But thats 34/70 its great like that. It depends if going traditional or not...;)
I never shoot for traditional or not, as long as it tastes good is really all that matters to me. The recipe I used didnt call for doing any but I felt like it was weakish in flavor. I'm brewing it for my mother in law and never had pacifico myself. I suppose it could be something like Corona which is light but stills tastes better than Budweiser!!!! Lol

This my 1st and only hoppy lager so far. Was good but not spectacular. Named after missus ill have to get this one spot on needs some tweeks.
Think ill up the hops and abv a little tame down the wheat by half and add Vienna at equal quantity and sub out carrahell but still keep it under 5 percent so can really get stuck into it. Will also whirlpool then do a dry hop day 4 then cool down to say 10c and dry hop cool just wanna see how this works.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/666446/leah-s-beer

Nice looking drop there Ben!

Interesting use of later hop additions. Is that an Aussie style or your own creation?

Nice looking drop there Ben!

Interesting use of later hop additions. Is that an Aussie style or your own creation?
My own kegs gone now...:rolleyes: as per above next run ill increase hops and ABV a little next run and would love to pare mosaic and Galaxy together with similar hop schedule just one more addition cold.

Brewed my Ginny Haze today. Trying it with Wyeast 1272 this time instead of Imperial Juice. Actually I messed up and made a 1272 starter. We have special visiters in town in a month and I said this beer would be available.

Brewed my Ginny Haze today. Trying it with Wyeast 1272 this time instead of Imperial Juice. Actually I messed up and made a 1272 starter. We have special visiters in town in a month and I said this beer would be available.
Easy peasy 1 month is heaps for a hoppy ale in my humble opinion fresh is best eh?

Brewed a Robust Porter and a Wheat Beer designed for some raspberries. The porter will be perfect for fall hunting season to take the chill off and will try kicking the abv up on the wheat for a warming fruit beer. Maybe some spices? Any ideas? It is heavy with lemon drop and tangerine so far. Cinnamon?

Brewed a Robust Porter and a Wheat Beer designed for some raspberries. The porter will be perfect for fall hunting season to take the chill off and will try kicking the abv up on the wheat for a warming fruit beer. Maybe some spices? Any ideas? It is heavy with lemon drop and tangerine so far. Cinnamon?
Only wheat beer thing i know is cracked coriander seed end of the boil.

Only wheat beer thing i know is cracked coriander seed end of the boil.

Ya there is a lot of hops so fruit may be the only addition. Maybe some lactose for one of the newest trends, a milkshake IPA?

Great thing about switching to electric is I never have to worry about running out of propane.

There are still power outages @Nosybear .

I ran natural gas out of the house and into the back yard for one of my grills several years ago, butt haven't gotten around to converting any of my propane burners yet. My favorite project of perfecting the art of procrastination seems to have gotten in the way.

Maybe some day @Mark D Pirate. And, amen to having a spare propane tank. Has saved my bacon more than once.

Last edited:
And just swapped the propane tank to a fresh one midway to the boil. Didn't even notice it since I was practicing bongos
Good thing I got a spare tank a few weeks ago!
Does Leonard like your bongos?

Back