I brewed today!

Today I'm brewing up a Habanero IPA.... Dragons Breath. Mosaic, Citra, centennial and cascade. Going to roast up a couple peppers to add for the last 7-10 days. And it's my B-Day!!

Sounds good, and Happy Birthday!

Today I'm brewing up a Habanero IPA.... Dragons Breath. Mosaic, Citra, centennial and cascade. Going to roast up a couple peppers to add for the last 7-10 days. And it's my B-Day!!

Here's to you, CHEERS!

Belated happy birthday!

Brewed a fuggle summer beer for a friend last night. The Voss Kveik yeast is really taking off. Going to be interesting to try it out.

Brewed a fuggle summer beer for a friend last night. The Voss Kveik yeast is really taking off. Going to be interesting to try it out.
Would love to get my hands on some of that yeast...

Brewed a Raspberry Blonde today with all numbers on target. Adding 3lbs of Red Raspberry purée once primary fermentation begins to slow down. *wringing hands for this one*
Is the Raspberry purée a frozen product?

Brewed a Raspberry Blonde today with all numbers on target. Adding 3lbs of Red Raspberry purée once primary fermentation begins to slow down. *wringing hands for this one*
Should be a good one. Only caution is there may be too much raspberry flavor.

Red IPA....looks more brown, missed OG by 4 points, too warm in my ferm room, the cards seem stacked against this one.

For a Blonde, I'd sneak up on it. Add, say, a pound, let it ferment and then taste. Blondes are delicately flavored brews, I put mine in an Irish red and 3 pounds of puree were almost overwhelming. Some risk of oxidation but if the pound isn't enough at the end of fermentation, add some more. They yeast should take care of it in a normal gravity brew.

Brewing this atm https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/681720/britneys-beer
i swapped the vienna malt (sorry Ozarks) for rye malt to spice things up a bit had to visit HBS store for sulphate and some whirlflock so added bonus i was thinking rye when putting it together but doubted local HBS would have rye. Well now i know. On first mash step now hit my 63c beta on the head bring on the boil:D.

no biggie, looks good I've never used rye in beer but love it in bread good luck

Brew day went great sparge was sluggish but i got some great results hit my target gravity with an extra lt of wort. And at 86% efficiency tis my best yet! Wort tasted little bitter and spicey.
20180725_204025.jpg

Looks tasty! Clear too!
Yeah i chilled down my sample jar then went for a walk came back and poured beer off top of trub into samle flask:). Trust me it didnt go inti fermentor like that but itll settle out all the same i had to upend the whoe keg into me brew bucket. I must have a little air leak in my site glass arangement because the wort stops running out tap 3/4 down keg!

Primary fermentation slowed down after 2.5 days, so I added all 3 lbs of Raspberry purée into the raspberry blonde. Fermentation kicked up accordingly.... now just 3 more weeks to cold crash!

Back