I brewed today!

ESB, on Sunday. 1.055 OG 35 IBU. Wyeast 1469. Took some of the Brown malt out of this one, otherwise same ol recipe.

06B5FCE0-3C0C-4E87-919B-EC2184C169BA.jpeg
Brewed an Apricot Ale, hit all the numbers, now it’s time for a nap. Seemed counter productive to brew a beer with a hangover, but hey.... someone’s gotta do it.

On a nature note, I saved a baby hummingbird trapped in the garage and enjoyed watching a whitetail doe enjoy some 2-row and a caramel 40, 5 minutes after I emptied it at our fence line from the mash tun.

I shoo'd a baby robin out of my yard yesterday before my dog could notice it.

Just finishing up a Hells Bock I put together this morning. Used magnum for bittering and aroma hops. Really like the spicy clean wort. Should be done with lager phase when we get back from vacation.

Being near freezing here in Radelaide lately so my supplies of stout have been ransacked by housemates and friends , brewed up another batch yesterday and doing an English porter today .
Using Coopers ale yeast in the stout and 1187 Ringwood in the porter , saving time by no chilling both batches

Ill give you my heat, our roles are reversed, normally hot there and cold here but it's been 97F here every day this week and 75% to 90% humidity

Sorry guys but we sit here in the middle with highs 75f to 80f and lows at night 45f. Light showers every other day or so, very mild.
octo2018.jpg

Fest beer tasting very good, must keep up on this with weekly tastings. Hope the Helles Bock with this yeast comes out as clean.

Ill give you my heat, our roles are reversed, normally hot there and cold here but it's been 97F here every day this week and 75% to 90% humidity
104 in Chico CA, humidity 12%, North wind gusting to 20 mph, fire danger extreme :( 106 tomorrow

6% here on Thursday, 105 degrees. It's a dry heat (yeah, right....).
Yeah, been a crazy summer. My hops have been mangled by massive hail storms one day, and 106 degrees the next. My harvest this year is going to be crap.

We haven't lost anything down here, no hail so far in SE Aurora, outside of a few very large stones a few days ago (and I mean very few). Our flowers are doing fine, our vegetables, well, I may get a tomato or two before September. Hey, why don't you and Texan come to the Arapahoe Co. Fair on the 28th. We (the Aurora City Brew Club) are putting on the homebrew competition (enter something while you're at it) and are having some demos during the awards ceremony on Saturday. The Aurora Craft Beer Festival is on Friday night, too.

Ive brewed this up a fair while back now. I soaked the vanilla beans in vodka it took awhile for that vodka to mellow but a smashable beverage. If i was to brew it now id just use vanilla extract from shop to try and loose vodka.
Enjoy Dan left us know how she turns out.

I served up the vanilla cream ale at our 4th of July BBQ. It was a big hit. They drank all 5 gallons.

My East Slope IPA with a twist. Instead of my normal grain bill I went with 100% MO. Just missed my 5 min. addition by a minute while typing this :) Doubt another minute added to the boil will make much difference.
0711181344_Film3_resized (3).jpg
0711181344a_Film3_resized_1 (1).jpg

Brewed me Lil ale today 2.5kg ale malt .5 vienna .5 wheat with Mosaic hops late in boil and whirlpooled.
Run out of sulphate on this brew so just used chloride will see how this affects end result.

Back