I brewed today!

2017-07-31 10.02.01.jpg
Starter crashed and warming, new mill assembled, and a day off, let the brewing begin!
Blonde Ale, 4.6 ABV

Got a public recipe on that one ? red and rye in a single glass sounds like something i'd brew :)
Will share as soon as I can get around to it. If you don't see it in a day or so, a reminder would be appreciated....

Whats anyone think of the iodine test color ? 60 min mash at 151, I called it done and currently at mash out but opinions welcome, 2nd time doing iodine test...
2017-07-31 13.20.49.jpg

No colour change then she's done mate but don't take my word for it it's been awhile since I've done this test. I suppose it's great if you do a short mash or testing for conversion in decoction pot. Hope she's going to plan Snooky

Whats anyone think of the iodine test color ? 60 min mash at 151, I called it done and currently at mash out but opinions welcome, 2nd time doing iodine test...View attachment 1751
Done. And like Trialben, I never do the test any more. 60 minutes are pretty much guaranteed to convert, the only time I'd consider it would be if I were mashing below 148 or so degrees.

Went fairly well, Did a hop stand for 15 after flameout, no recirc, and now just chilling / transfer to fermenters now, Got some nice coagulation of proteins / trub going on. 79% brewhouse, recipe for 75% - perhaps time to adjust recipe to 77% for next one. 1.044 vs 1.042 target.

Yup, Centennial blonde recipe I found to replicate something drinkable by BMC guys. 1 brew 2 fermenters. Excited for the day I have a 15 gal heated / chilled conical...

Yup, Centennial blonde recipe I found to replicate something drinkable by BMC guys. 1 brew 2 fermenters. Excited for the day I have a 15 gal heated / chilled conical...
Yep I see seriously looking for a stainless conical myself but I'm keeping me options open its gotta fit in my chest freezer as well and I've gotta wing it by the missus:p.

I wanting to build a chiller using the freezer I have and circulate glycol around the conical, so that I can donate my Ferm chamber to cooled storage lol!
As for the wife, got to find something she wants lol!

I wanting to build a chiller using the freezer I have and circulate glycol around the conical, so that I can donate my Ferm chamber to cooled storage lol!
As for the wife, got to find something she wants lol!
Yeah I see them ones on Brulosophers website they look exy eh got a stainless coil mounted inside the fermenter same way the big boys ferment eh? Llewellyn ferments this way he's on here...

Well grainfather have brought out their ultra cool high tech fermentor its glycol check them out pretty cool but pricey.

And about 4 times the price i paid to set up my ferment fridges ....i spent the change on a kegorator :D
A friend uses the Brewtech 1/2 BBL version and while very nice to look at i just can't justify dropping a weeks wages ( pre tax ) on a brewing toy

And about 4 times the price i paid to set up my ferment fridges ....i spent the change on a kegorator :D
A friend uses the Brewtech 1/2 BBL version and while very nice to look at i just can't justify dropping a weeks wages ( pre tax ) on a brewing toy
Yeah mt local hombrew store up in harvey bay have a stainless steel bucket fermentor going fir 150 ive been eyeing off i see it as a long term investment that im going to have in continual use for the future use my current plastic bucket as a backup.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170805-125124.png
    Screenshot_20170805-125124.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 73
Got the starter going for the Mexican Dunkel, will brew tomorrow!

Back