I brewed today!

Friends system , I still do my no chill 24 litre batches at home .
What a beer name !!
1498731120577-111135372.jpg

that Belgian saison of mine (originally stalled with 3724) sneakily finished out after pitching a pack of Belle Saison... Went from 20.9ºP to 1.012, = 10.5% ABV.... honestly could have used a dry hop, good hop front, all liquor on the back end.

Bottled it tonight too, probably need to let it condition for a while, let it mellow out.

Brewed my bohimian floor malted pilsner decocted for 30min. Great extraction and efficiency ended up near spot on target. I added a flame out hop stand for 10 mins ti get some aroma on this one. boiled 90min it just goes to show that decocting and boiling long dont change wort color much. See below happy with my mid week brew arvo:) next up benmarzin...

Attachments

• 20170704_190417.jpg
    20170704_190417.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 114
Ended up 83% efficiency ive hit 84 and 83 last two brews for biab brewers only thing different if finer crush. Have a look at this wort!
20170704_192831.jpg

Brewing a Centennial, Cascade Blonde on my portable CraftBeerPi brew system.

Attachments

• IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    974.5 KB · Views: 125
On my way to work right now and in a hurry to finish , get home and brew the sMaSh beer for club .
Free 5 kg sack of gladfield pils malt , pacifica hops and gigayeast norcal 1 .
Won't really fit any style but with a Hochkurz mash I should be able to get decent body and head retention out of such highly modified malt .
Will post results in 10 ish hours

I didn't step mash. Missed my numbers a bit. Brand new kettle so trying to dial it in.
Oh new toy! Electric too eh? I bet boil off was different. Ah i think fermentation is the important part anyhow:).

Oh new toy! Electric too eh? I bet boil off was different. Ah i think fermentation is the important part anyhow:).
More important than boil rate in any case.
On my way to work right now and in a hurry to finish , get home and brew the sMaSh beer for club .
Free 5 kg sack of gladfield pils malt , pacifica hops and gigayeast norcal 1 .
Won't really fit any style but with a Hochkurz mash I should be able to get decent body and head retention out of such highly modified malt .
Will post results in 10 ish hours
Sounds good. Last time I got a free beer kit it was a kit the LHBS wanted to test.

New brew kettle so I could do 3 gallon batches. Was doing 2 gallon batches but 2 just isn't enough. It is electric as was my last kettle. I am using CraftBeerPi to control it. Fun little project.

I boiled some water for an hour before brewing to get my boil off rate.;)

Did my Helles for Oktoberfest yesterday, perking away this morning. Next up: I want to do a Munich-style Dunkel with 25% corn and American malt, in other words, mimicking a Mexican Dunkel I had while in Texas last week.

4.5 barrels of my Kentucky Common at Ironworks Brewery in Arvada, Co. It's going to GABF this fall.

Is it any different brewed in a bigger batch? Just curious. I know to scale down sometimes recipe's need tweeked what about scaling up?

Is it any different brewed in a bigger batch? Just curious. I know to scale down sometimes recipe's need tweeked what about scaling up?
We had to make some recipe adjustments because of better hop utilization, conversion, etc. but all in all the process is exactly the same. I work in process and procedure and brewing becomes an excellent example of the difference between the two: There's no difference between what we do and what the biggest breweries on the planet do, it's just how we do it.

Except my beer isn't adjunct laden and full of DMS like some
There is that; however, I'd call my Ky Common fairly adjunct laden: Flaked maize, flaked rye, molasses.... My point isn't the product - I generally don't drink it, either. My point is the process is the same, it's how the process steps are executed that is different.

Back