I brewed today!

Lots of similar beers being brewed today!
I'm balancing it out with a pilsner :rolleyes:
20220313_123538.jpg

Came in 1 point under but measurement error could bring me smack bang on.
20220313_135741.jpg

Last edited:
I’m researching, be patient. Today I found these subjects at Total Wine, not all that I was looking for. I need to find a better bottle shop.
View attachment 19769 As you can see, I am going to try the Henhouse oyster stout to see if I like it. I hope I do. Never yet have I brewed a stout, so it will be something new for me.
That Guinness extra stout is my favorite Guinness

Perhaps "Cloisters Tout" might be a more friendly name?

Maybe an Oysterless Oyster Stout. :p
B'Oysterless Stout.
I understand the shells and perhaps brine is what is important to the beer, not the meat. I wonder if other shells would have about the same effect?

B'Oysterless Stout.
I understand the shells and perhaps brine is what is important to the beer, not the meat. I wonder if other shells would have about the same effect?
From what I read the meat doesn't really add much, I could've omited it without changing the final product

From what I read the meat doesn't really add much, I could've omited it without changing the final product
2 oysters in 3 gallons? Yeah, not enough to be a problem. And they are sanitized by the boil anyway...

2 oysters in 3 gallons? Yeah, not enough to be a problem. And they are sanitized by the boil anyway...
And fully cooked, which was my main concern. I don't do raw oysters :)

I was also replicating a beer I've had where I know they used whole oysters in the boil kettle

Ordinary Bitter
Shooting for 1.039, got a little too much. The pre-boil gravity was a bit high, so I cut the boil short. Not short enough. So I ended up with a few extra points and extra volume.
For my BIAB setup, I know small beers usually lead to better conversion (big water:grain ratio). Not a big concern, but I’ll have to adjust the dial next time.

D52D11F5-B4CA-4C81-836B-3720D5B8A800.jpeg

Back