I brewed today!

B9C129B9-3F00-4373-8E9C-B199783629F9.jpeg
Nice color. Smooth day. Though I posted this earlier

Transferred a little over 4 gallons of amber lager wort onto the 34/70 yeast cake from the pale lager I just finished. I used my new wort chiller, which worked well. And aerated with a new paint stirrer attached to my drill, which seemed to work :) it's sitting at 65F now, but I'll ferment it at 55F. I want this lager to be dry and crispy
20220420_111624.jpg
20220420_120043.jpg

Transferred a little over 4 gallons of amber lager wort onto the 34/70 yeast cake from the pale lager I just finished. I used my new wort chiller, which worked well. And aerated with a new paint stirrer attached to my drill, which seemed to work :) it's sitting at 65F now, but I'll ferment it at 55F. I want this lager to be dry and crispy
View attachment 20348 View attachment 20349
Wort looks a nice colour Annabrit.

Possibly and very safely a greater amount of active yeasts these will ferment faster when the temperature drops can control the tumultuous fermentation but once the fermentation is finished it would not leave much time in contact with the sludge. It could take on not very pleasant flavors.

Saludos

In that sediment are found, live yeasts, dying yeasts, and dead yeasts, in addition to proteins. Normally with the washing of the yeasts the amount of elements that could give problems is reduced.
Keep an eye out for fermentation descriptors to be sure that everything is fine. Good luck and go ahead.

Saludos

Finally got motivated. Split brew day has started. Belgian Blond is in the Mash Tun. Boil tomorrow, chill and dump right on the Abbey Ale yeast sitting in the conical.
8 gallons of .053 Blond in the kettle for tomorrow. I beat projected SG BY .003.
9371AC70-87A9-4896-968B-6E241F44540C.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 20361 Finally got motivated. Split brew day has started. Belgian Blond is in the Mash Tun. Boil tomorrow, chill and dump right on the Abbey Ale yeast sitting in the conical.
Tis how you recirculate aye?
I've been playing around with different hose positions laying hose curled to the side.
Might try this straight in the middle approach.
I usually get 93% mash efficiency but love a great luter.

I keep trying differet things. i'm usually 73% mash eff but a little higher today. simple tube to the middle worked well today. long tube along the side was actually the worst. id made something of a whirlpool around the outside and compacted the malts in the middle. i came up .009 under on that one.

Back