Home made pizza

Made one I forget to post, very tasty

IMG_20190921_122338136.jpg

IMG_20190921_122345763.jpg

Got the pizza Flick right tonight I've always had trouble getting the pizza to slide freely off the tray onto the stone. Sorted a good technique tonight to give the pizza tray a good shuffling whilst flat to free up the base so it's ready to slide onto the stone.
20191013_194756.jpg

It may not be perfectly round but gee I'm glad with this base now not heavy in the gut afterwards but nice and digestible my key using self raising flour instead of just plain I don't know why but it just works for me.

Oh Yeah Its Friday You Know What Time It IS? PIZZA TIME! I've been dreaming of this all weak! Doesn't help my work mate and I were dreaming up all the delicious home made pizza combos in a latther or drool this week. Bring on that crunchy crust!
20191018_183207.jpg

Oh and that there Pizza Companion is my LIBERTY LAGER.
Here we are the better one second in line. I find the second pizza is better than first once I recon the stone gets piping hot. Bit of olives in this one mmm yum!
20191018_200018.jpg

Last edited:
That looks really good and I'm starving wanting pizza for breakfast!
I have been reading and watching some videos on making Chicago style pie. I may give a couple of those a go this weekend.

Oh that is different it's got quite a thick base yes very much like a pie what's the toppings here thunder? I see you baked it in a cast iron skillet too?

Yeah, this style is much different than your typical thin crust or New York style I guess. It took some digging in to learn about it, and just like everything else on the internet, everyone is an expert... or from some part of Chicago and knows the true way to make it. I ended up choosing a dough that uses a lot of corn oil and not any corn meal. It seemed to be the most authentic the deeper I dug.
The ingredients I used where a layer of mozzarella, then pepperoni and sausage, then topped with a crushed tomato sauce I make and like.
There is absolutely nothing healthy involved. The amount of corn oil used is pretty insane... and heart stopping delicious.

Now ya gone and done it! I gotta try that style with a few twists to fit what's in the fridge. Thawing out some dough right now. Going to use a layer of Irish Cheddar and then a layer of a really thick spaghetti sauce with loads of hot Italian sausage, herbs and mushrooms. Top with some thin sliced garlic and anchovies. Maybe some thin sliced pastrami too. Cooking it in a sheet pan at 500 in the gas oven.

Back