Home made pizza

I mostly don't either but I just did that because I had a full pillow before adding sauce, this way no bubbling happens, no biggie

Why's that?
I like the rise in the center of the dough and I think it holds the toppings up better.
I find that when I dock, I get a more dense and sometimes under cooked center.
After plenty of experiments, I tend to like just working my dough into place gently with my fingers, leaving as many air pockets as I can.
After the initial stretch, I let it rest or a couple minutes and then work it out again before topping.
If I'm doing it in my pizza oven. I use a rolling pin to get it very thin before putting it on my peel.
YMMV
Cheers,
Brian

Interesting. One thing I can't stand is doughy undercooked pizza crust.

Pizza Day

IMG_20190716_162651666.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm. Think the wife has a couple balls of pizza dough in the fridge. Will have to pick up my favorite toppings when shopping tomorrow. Damn! There goes the diet again :)

Shame on you Ozarks! And Bob has been doing so good lately with his diet. Why it seems like just this weekend he cooked up some Sheboygan Brats. :D

That looks great!
The wife was digging around in the kitchen freezer the other day. I opened it this morning an saw that she had moved 2 balls of pizza dough to the front, so looks like we may be having one in the next couple of days.

That looks great!
The wife was digging around in the kitchen freezer the other day. I opened it this morning an saw that she had moved 2 balls of pizza dough to the front, so looks like we may be having one in the next couple of days.
I keep mine in the fridge now, I have all the ingredients in baggies or plastic containers in the fridge, that pizza only took 20 minutes from start to finish, ate it in 10

I’ve gained 5lbs from this damn thread. Anyone wanna startup a thread on “Favorite low calorie, vegan, organic, wholistic foods so I can lose it?

Last edited:
I’ve gained 5lbs from this damn thread. Anyone wanna startup a thread on “Favorite low calorie, vegan, organic, wholistic foods so I can lose it?
No, but I'm having success losing by writing down every mouthful. And I haven't eaten a single bite of Styrofoam. Or sawdust.

Peach season here - need to get the wife to make up a cobbler (and blow part of that weight loss thing....).

Back