First attempt biab, Questions!

don't forget i had original gravity 1065! and now i'm 1025, that make 5.25% alcohol calgulated by here https://www.brewersfriend.com/abv-calculator/
Any way the taste is good, i will start Cold crash 5 celsius today for 1 week!!!
Also something i forget to mention the yeast i use was about 6gram (or a half of a yeast pakage) this is alot more from the needed yest, the 6 grams is for 10-15 liters but i put it in 8 liters, can be this a reason that the fermentation go to fast?

I start from 160F i continue to 152F but my temprteture control system is DIY and this is the first atemp so some times the tempreture travel up a litle bit.
Also at the ending 10 minutes the recipe ask a mash out at 168F so i did,
the yeast i use first i re-hydrated as the recipe says, later i throw it in the wort but the temprature im not sure how much was, i thing was about 77-79F
Mashout is fine. The mash was too hot though. Would explain the fermentility of the wort. Next time keep it under 156F. Between 144 and 152 is ideal

don't forget i had original gravity 1065! and now i'm 1025, that make 5.25% alcohol calgulated by here https://www.brewersfriend.com/abv-calculator/
Any way the taste is good, i will start Cold crash 5 celsius today for 1 week!!!
Also something i forget to mention the yeast i use was about 6gram (or a half of a yeast pakage) this is alot more from the needed yest, the 6 grams is for 10-15 liters but i put it in 8 liters, can be this a reason that the fermentation go to fast?
That could explain the quick start for sure. But no amount of yeast will help if a large amount is still starch or unfermentable sugars. Which is why it ended early

I start from 160F i continue to 152F but my temprteture control system is DIY and this is the first atemp so some times the tempreture travel up a litle bit.
Also at the ending 10 minutes the recipe ask a mash out at 168F so i did,
the yeast i use first i re-hydrated as the recipe says, later i throw it in the wort but the temprature im not sure how much was, i thing was about 77-79F
This site has a strike water calculator. Heat your water, use a thermometer, and when your water gets to the strike water calculation, add your grains, and cover the kettle. Turn the heat off, and make sure the top is sealed with a towel or something on top of your lid. Wait an hour or more, and see if you are close to the mash temp. Then, do your boil. That is a single infusion mash and is the easiest way.

Would highly suggest you read Palmer's How to Brew book. It is loaded with information.

I can't cold it at 5 Celsius, i don't use any fridge, i was hoping to coll it from weather cold but is not enough.
What's your suggestion to this?
Should i leave it at 8-10 Celsius for few days or to proceed kegging?

I can't cold it at 5 Celsius, i don't use any fridge, i was hoping to coll it from weather cold but is not enough.
What's your suggestion to this?
Should i leave it at 8-10 Celsius for few days or to proceed kegging?
Cold crashing is not a requirement. It simply speeds up the clarification process. Keg it and chill it. Give it 1-2 weeks in the kegerator, it will clear

Cold crashing is not a requirement. It simply speeds up the clarification process. Keg it and chill it. Give it 1-2 weeks in the kegerator, it will clear
1-2 weeks?
For now I don't care to be clear i just want to drink it!
How long need to be carbonate? Lets say 2 Celsius on the fridge

1-2 weeks?
Lol, ok

Carb it for 2 days @35psi, then turn down to ~12psi. Drink away!

"speed brewing" I get that
Would have kegged last Saturday's brew last night but I was a little busy!

1-2 weeks?
It can carbonate with 35 PSI (2.3 Bar or so) overnight in the keg - apply pressure, then shake the keg (rock it). You will hear gas flow every time you agitate it. Do this for 5-10 minutes, then let it sit at pressure. Next day it'll be carbonated and drinkable, but it will get better after 2nd day. Be sure to lower the pressure to dispense the beer, or it'll be all foam.

Hello everyone.
So today i keg the beer.
I make the transfer to the keg put it in the fridge set the temperature to 1-2 and the pressure to 0.7 bar
Here some photos.
I'm wondering if the remaining wort in the fermenter is normal to be this way.
Looks like strange is this normal?
IMG_20240130_111920.jpg
IMG_20240130_111931.jpg
IMG_20240130_142338.jpg
IMG_20240130_142350.jpg
IMG_20240130_142937.jpg

That wort looks pretty normal to me

That's nice, so everything goes well until now.
The only problem now is that i ended up with just 4-4,5 liters of beer.
I throw about 2 liters, i lost some probably from samples, i made mistake at the beginning so after all that i have just 8-9 big glasses of beer carbonating in a 20liters keg.
Tomorrow i will start next batch this time I hope to do it better
Target is same recipe with final beer 9,5 liters in the fermenter 7,5 - 8 liters in the keg

That's nice, so everything goes well until now.
The only problem now is that i ended up with just 4-4,5 liters of beer.
I throw about 2 liters, i lost some probably from samples, i made mistake at the beginning so after all that i have just 8-9 big glasses of beer carbonating in a 20liters keg.
Tomorrow i will start next batch this time I hope to do it better
Target is same recipe with final beer 9,5 liters in the fermenter 7,5 - 8 liters in the keg
lol, its a learning process, man. one of my first batches had nasty green slime in it and I had to dump the whole thing.

you'll do better next time and the next time after that....... and after that..............it seems like a simple process, but it isnt :p

best phrase I ever heard: "making beer is easy......making good beer is hard" keep trying

So next stop carbonating.
Today after 12 hours of 0.7 bars i open the fridge and i saw pressure drop to 0,3 (bar)
Probably because of the cold?(???)
Any way i took out of fridge the co2 bottle and i pressurised to 2,5 bar (35psi) I will leave it there for 47 hours and i will drop to 0.7 bar again and I will drink it
Let's see what is going to be
Meanwhile i started my second batch today

Also let me ask you something more
I see my co2 pressure (bottle pressure) drop from 40bar to 28-30,
Carbonating process using so much co2?
I checked for leaks and found nothing

Back