First attempt biab, Questions!

Give it another week, should get well below that. Make sure you have two consecutive tests that are the same to be sure is done

No hop and protein particles shouldn't effect gravity. Temp will effect it a little

Hello everyone!!
Day 4 today (3,5) the gravity is 1030, the taste is amazing!!
Everything looks working great!
Fermentation at 18-19 Celsius (i have temperature control system)

First day wen i took the gravity measure the wort i use was to dirty, with to many small pieces of hoops and little gains probably.
Is this a reason to be the gravity not so accurate?
I mean, there is possibility the first gravity to be wrong?
Little bits of stuff floating in your sample usually do not affect the reading.

Give it another week, should get well below that. Make sure you have two consecutive tests that are the same to be sure is done

No hop and protein particles shouldn't effect gravity. Temp will effect it a little
so i drop from 1065 to 1030 in 3,5 days, is that normal?

Little bits of stuff floating in your sample usually do not affect the reading.
Was alot
Check the photos
First is after boiling second is 4 days later
IMG_20240117_172350.jpg
IMG_20240121_124836.jpg

1030 is still sweet, so continue to let it do its thing. Should be about 14 days fermenting.

1030 is still sweet, so continue to let it do its thing. Should be about 14 days fermenting.
true was sweet, but great taste, im so proud!!!
This is my first all gain, i was making before this kit, but i throw my 3 last baches because of effection..
I belive all gain because of boil is less dangerous to infect the beer, is that corect?

true was sweet, but great taste, im so proud!!!
This is my first all gain, i was making before this kit, but i throw my 3 last baches because of effection..
I belive all gain because of boil is less dangerous to infect the beer, is that corect?
Nope, makes no difference in that way. Sanitation is the key to avoid infections.
What do you use to sanitize your fermentor and brew gear? Anything that touches the beer after boiling MUST be sanitized!

You should have a boil on an extract beer too.What are you sanitizing with? How are you preparing the fermenter before putting in post chilled wort?

You should have a boil on an extract beer too.What are you sanitizing with? How are you preparing the fermenter before putting in post chilled wort?
Not always Sandy most kit and kilo extract kits you incorporate the LME into some hot water in the fermenter then top off to 21lt mark throw in the yeast and your done.

That is really cheating LOL.
All the ones I had a few years ago had the steeping grains, and then you did the boil.
I think even the really crappy Mr. Beer kits years ago at least had you cook the extract. Damn, that there modern technicalogical stuff:)

Not always Sandy most kit and kilo extract kits you incorporate the LME into some hot water in the fermenter then top off to 21lt mark throw in the yeast and your done.
I never did extract, so didn't know they skipped the boil either.

Either way, you chill before it goes in the fermenter either way. Sanitation is still paramount

Help!
Fermentation seems to have stopped!Gravity 1025, taste nice, the air trap has no activity at all,or is to slow i can't see it) I have raised the temperature since yesterday to 19-20 celsius (66-68 farenite)
what's your opinion?

i clean everything with OXI, but any way kit taste was no something suprising good

Help!
Fermentation seems to have stopped!Gravity 1025, taste nice, the air trap has no activity at all,or is to slow i can't see it) I have raised the temperature since yesterday to 19-20 celsius (66-68 farenite)
what's your opinion?
It's still fermenting. Airlock activity is not always a good indicator. It probably will not go much further down though. If you like, give it a shake to rouse the yeast. The slight warming is also a very good idea.

And, that much stuff in the sample still will not affect the reading!

Let it go for 14 days. Get your hands on some Star San. 1oz, 5 gallons of water. The stuff works well. The pros use it too. Easy to find at the brew store or even on Amazon.

Help!
what's your opinion?

let it go a for more days. it might go down a few more pts.

i clean everything with OXI, but any way kit taste was no something suprising good

oxy clean is great for cleaning and getting the food particles out of your gear, but does NOT sanitise. get some 5star starsan. you mix it with water and rinse your fermentor before putting beer in it to ferment.

let it go a for more days. it might go down a few more pts.

oxy clean is great for cleaning and getting the food particles out of your gear, but does NOT sanitise. get some 5star starsan. you mix it with water and rinse your fermentor before putting beer in it to ferment.
I didn't know that,
This starsan is the same thing I'm watching spraying everything touch the beer on brewerys?
I watched a lot of videos from brewerys and i see to many times spraying everything before contact

I didn't know that,
This starsan is the same thing I'm watching spraying everything touch the beer on brewerys?
I watched a lot of videos from brewerys and i see to many times spraying everything before contact
definately a posibility. check amazon. they have it. quart will last years.

I didn't know that,
Probably yes. It is food-safe and no-rinse, meaning at normal dilution you can literally drink it. I would not recommend it, as you'll get a tummyache, but spray it on (or put some into the container and shake it), and after 2 minutes it is sanitized...but ONLY if it was clean first! (Dirty objects cannot be sanitized).

And the stuff lasts a long time. I am still using a dilution I made up over a year ago. I keep it in a keg, and in a 2 liter soda bottle, and very little goes to waste.

Back