Fermentation stop to fast (2nd time 2nd bach)

Changing water this batch and fermentation temp control the next or vis-versa doesn't make much difference. As long as only one variable is changed per batch. And I do think that significant temperature swings are a variable that can be tested. @Mastoras007, do you have a way to control the fridge's temperature apart from the fridge's own thermostat? Something like this. If not, do you know what temperature your fridge is normally at and what setting gets you to lager temperature range? But, while the precision of an external temp controller is preferred, a fridge's thermostat may be sufficient.

Changing to a different type of beer or recipe is already a variable.
So if you want to change only 1 variable, then stick with the same recipe.
Changing from an ale to a lager is a big change in my opinion and most people wait with lagers till they got the ales under control.
But: you're the brewer, so you gotta make your own decissions :)

Changing water this batch and fermentation temp control the next or vis-versa doesn't make much difference. As long as only one variable is changed per batch. And I do think that significant temperature swings are a variable that can be tested. @Mastoras007, do you have a way to control the fridge's temperature apart from the fridge's own thermostat? Something like this. If not, do you know what temperature your fridge is normally at and what setting gets you to lager temperature range? But, while the precision of an external temp controller is preferred, a fridge's thermostat may be sufficient.
I have digital thermostat to control the refrigerator

Changing to a different type of beer or recipe is already a variable.
So if you want to change only 1 variable, then stick with the same recipe.
Changing from an ale to a lager is a big change in my opinion and most people wait with lagers till they got the ales under control.
But: you're the brewer, so you gotta make your own decissions :)
You mean that lagers are more "difficult" to brew?

Yes they are more difficult to brew. I have been brewing for almost 40 and have not brew a lager for about 30. Ales are way easier.

More difficult because there are more steps to consider and you HAVE to have temp control.

Its still just beer, you have temp control, so you can do it

Hmm... Ok
Which is the extra steps?
Mashing - sparging - boiling as normal right?

Fermentation has be on the cooler side. 50F or so. (Yeast dependent) Once primary is done, you want to raise temp to 65F for a diacytl rest or you will have a butter bomb.

After that i crash to 34F over the next 2 days. This speed of the crash is disputed, but that is how I do it. :p

After you keg/ bottle, you want to cold lager it for a month to allow it to age. So, it's not a harder process, it just had more steps and takes longer.

As @BarbarianBrewer said, most lagers are very clean and light tasting, so mistakes become more evident than ales that have fruity esters to cover it.

Fermentation has be on the cooler side. 50F or so. (Yeast dependent) Once primary is done, you want to raise temp to 65F for a diacytl rest or you will have a butter bomb.

After that i crash to 34F over the next 2 days. This speed of the crash is disputed, but that is how I do it. :p

After you keg/ bottle, you want to cold lager it for a month to allow it to age. So, it's not a harder process, it just had more steps and takes longer.

As @BarbarianBrewer said, most lagers are very clean and light tasting, so mistakes become more evident than ales that have fruity esters to cover it.
I see, sure thing i can't wait one month to age.. i have only 1 keg which will be the results if I drink it?
Also i didn't know about temperatures changes i through just ferment at 11-15 selcius
This lagering age need to be at cold temperature or Room temperature??

I see, sure thing i can't wait one month to age.. i have only 1 keg which will be the results if I drink it?
Also i didn't know about temperatures changes i through just ferment at 11-15 selcius
This lagering age need to be at cold temperature or Room temperature??
Lagering is done at cold temps.

If you drink it young, it will still be beer, but time helps it mature

Lagering is done at cold temps.

If you drink it young, it will still be beer, but time helps it mature
Dam i just saw need 5 Celsius, pff didn't know that,
If I know that before i couldn't older those ingredients
But any way I will drink it earlier.

You just have to change the yeast to make it an ale.
Everything else will be usable :)

And after this lagering lets say 1 month at 2 Celsius can i store it in room temperature?
I'm thinking now (if not get infected) to split it in 2, half in the keg other half bottle it anf leave it in the fridge.

And after this lagering lets say 1 month at 2 Celsius can i store it in room temperature?
I'm thinking now (if not get infected) to split it in 2, half in the keg other half bottle it anf leave it in the fridge.
Yes, you don't have to leave it cold

I made a number of beers with just pilsner malt. Mainly saisons, but also Belgiums (pilsner malt + sugar) and I think even an ipa.

The advice we are trying to give you is to pick a recipe, and brew it multiple times, in the same way, fermenting the same way and at the same temperature. Do this until you are getting the same results every time. Constantly making changes while you are a new brewer will make your learning process a longer process.

My next brew will be in refrigerator with temperature control system.
I will clean it now to prepare it.
Can you tell me for the faucet, i disamble it, right? There is any other part i can open to clean?
Also why those things are floating? Seems to be hopes and stuff..
View attachment 29481View attachment 29482View attachment 29483View attachment 29484
This hop debris will fall to the bottom, it just takes time. One thing I would recommend that you NEVER do is put your hand in the beer to scoop something out. In fact I would never scoop anything out of the fermenting beer even with a strainer. This beer is just not finished yet. Patience friend! It is a process, and it takes time. You may recall me saying before that patience is the most important ingredient in brewing beer.

Back