Dumbest thing I ever did

Half pound for a five gallon batch?

sounds about right I just buy 10 pounds at a time and grab as much as I can with 2 hands for a 12 gallon, the stuff is pretty light and fluffy

How do I keep the rice hulls on the bottom? :p

you don't, you mix evenly with all the grain and it helps keep the grain from packing

they say this one works great and actually creates a whirlpool at the same time
http://shop.greatfermentations.com/...n-mash-tun-recirculation-manifold/ss-brewtech

gf624_2.jpg

I saw that one somewhere. Didn’t see it last time I looked.

Oops. That wouldn’t fit inside the Mash & Boil. It’s an inch too big.

It does give me ideas, though. I was already considering drilling different sized holes, as they did. I wonder if I could find a 5 way copper fitting?

I don't think so but with copper its easy to drill and solder, but that was mainly made for mash recirculation with a pump not gravity fed so the ends would need to be capped for you, you could get a 4 way and drill a hole, file a strait to match then solder

I think an easier way would be to use the tee and one leg would elbow up, the other 3 would bend to make the circle, you could probably even do it with a 3 way and have 2 even arks

If I make it, I’d probably use it for mash recirculation as well as sparging. You’re probably right about the ends, they’re probably need to be capped.

so my idea would be use a tee with the center up, use that to connect to a hose or another pipe and the two other ends curl around, you could even put another tee on each of the other ends

That wouldn’t be bad. It’d get water going 4 ways with a tee on the end of the tee. Hmmm...

Yup, that’s the concept I’m thinking of. I’ll use much smaller copper, though.

Yup, that’s the concept I’m thinking of. I’ll use much smaller copper, though.
The half inch tubing I use to recirculate slips right over that half inch copper works pretty slick.

My sparge water comes out of my old bottling bucket, gravity fed. 3/8”. And I have leftover copper tubing from making a chiller.

Back