Craigerrr's Travels

This is all great stuff. Thanks for posting.
That Upstreet can is a classic.

This is all great stuff. Thanks for posting.
That Upstreet can is a classic.
Can is great, beer is just good, not great... but good, very good to be honest.

Not often (if ever) in life that you get to sit around a campfire next to the ocean, feeling blessed.
IMG_20190811_2006297.jpg

With two of your best friends!
IMG_20190811_2006297.jpg

IMG_20190811_2031384.jpg

One cool bit of history from Point Prim PEI is Irish Moss, it was a cash crop here many years ago. The lighthouse tour guide even knew what it is used for.
IMG_20190812_1641155.jpg

IMG_20190812_1641112.jpg

Yesterday when the tide was out we went down to explore, the pictures don't fully capture the color, it is actually red, the whole island is red!
IMG_20190812_1725347.jpg

It is about a 15 foot drop down from the firepit. Erosion is an issue here, people are losing real estate over time. You can see that the lower portion of rock below has recently taken away.
IMG_20190812_1728229.jpg

The lighthouse at Prim Point was originally built in 1845 on 9 acres of land at the point. There are currently 3 acres remaining. In the 1980's they took steps to counteract the erosion. This is a shot from the top of the lighthouse at low tide.
IMG_20190812_1632477.jpg

The light is still operating, but is electric, and completely automated, here are some of the lighting components of the past
IMG_20190812_1638588.jpg

Just a little photo Art that caught my eye in one of the windows
IMG_20190812_1638429.jpg

Just wondering:
Does all beer in Canada and the States come in cans?
I am much more used to glass (some returnable, all recyclable) in Europe and Southern Africa

Stunning pictures, by the way

Cans are becoming very popular here in North America. A lot more so than a few years ago. I'm sure the trend will spread.

Just wondering:
Does all beer in Canada and the States come in cans?
I am much more used to glass (some returnable, all recyclable) in Europe and Southern Africa

Stunning pictures, by the way
As Bob mentioned, cans are becoming more popular. You can still find a lot of beers in glass, though. Cans are ultimately superior in that there is no chance of light ruining the beer inside. I think cans got a bad rap a couple of decades ago here, not because the can was inferior (although in some cases, it wasn't coated and did let the beer pick up metallic notes), but because the contents - American lager - were.

Looooooong day in the car today!
Five buddies and myself hit the road at 5:00am this morning, 12.5 hours later we are in Nashville Tennessee. Just enough time to check into the hotel, have a quick beer, then off to The Grand Ole Opry. I am not a country music guy at all, but what a great show. Had a great time.

You are wondering, man, a twelve hour drive for 6 guys to go to the Opry??? Seriously???

Saturday we have tickets for the Nashville Predators vs. the Florida Panthers (NHL Hockey). Then on Sunday we have tickets for the Tennessee Titans vs. the LA Chargers (NFL Football).

Saturday we should be scoping out some local craft beer.

Cheers from the Music City!

Knew hockey had to be part of the reason for a road trip like that:),
Sounds like a great time. Be safe!

Looooooong day in the car today!
Five buddies and myself hit the road at 5:00am this morning, 12.5 hours later we are in Nashville Tennessee. Just enough time to check into the hotel, have a quick beer, then off to The Grand Ole Opry. I am not a country music guy at all, but what a great show. Had a great time.

You are wondering, man, a twelve hour drive for 6 guys to go to the Opry??? Seriously???

Saturday we have tickets for the Nashville Predators vs. the Florida Panthers (NHL Hockey). Then on Sunday we have tickets for the Tennessee Titans vs. the LA Chargers (NFL Football).

Saturday we should be scoping out some local craft beer.

Cheers from the Music City!
Spent way too much time there earlier this week. Visiting family in Kentucky and had to fly into there. No Opry or hockey, though.

Sounds like a great time, and Nashville is a fantastic weekend setting for a men's roadtrip adventure. You can't help but have fun there! Enjoy.

Back