Craigerrr's Travels

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Up before breakfast this morning to catch a flight to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Nova Scotia is essentially French for New Scotland. First stop was Peggy's Cove.
IMG_20190807_1308157.jpg
IMG_20190807_1437270.jpg

More to come!

Hope you have a great time. That's a part of the continent that I've always wanted to visit. Too late now, as our travels are directed to visiting family and friends for what may be the last time. Enjoy while you can travel for the experience alone.

I stand (or more correctly, sit, at the moment), Nova Scotia is actually Latin for New Scotland. Here is a local sampling. This was actually kind of nasty, but good, a black IPA with yeast and hop sediment. Would have been better without the floaties! Cool name "Bitter Get'er India"
IMG_20190807_1835474.jpg

I was going to go language nerd on you but you beat me to it. Have fun!

And that bright orange colour I've not made a beer that orange looks inviting.

And that bright orange colour I've not made a beer that orange looks inviting.
The color was quite orange, but it is backlit by the evening sun as well.

Looks like you are having fun!
Cheers ;)

Went to Pier 21 this morning which is a museum of immigration to Canada. Very cool! Around the corner was Garrison Brewing, established in 1997, bought a glass and a couple Hazy DIPA'a for later. Just getting ready for a wedding now.
IMG_20190810_0934437.jpg

Having the Juicy Double IPA ATM, just as advertised, juicy, dank, not overly bitter. Does not taste like 8%, real nice beer!
IMG_20190810_2233160.jpg

Up early this morning, one hour and 40 minute drive to Caribou Nova Scotia to catch the Ferry to Prince Edward Island
IMG_3703.jpg

Prince Edward Island is not just an island on the east coast of Canada, it is a Province (think State). Population of Prince Edward Island is approximately 150,000! Smaller than most small cities.
We are at Point Prim, the lighthouse at the point is the oldest on the island. We have rented a cottage right on the Northumberland Straight, and sampling a craft brew from Tattamagouche Nova Scotia.
IMG_20190811_1633568.jpg

Back