Bread Thread!

image.jpg
Here’s that loaf I baked last night. It ended up getting an extended refrigerated fermentation from Friday night to Sunday afternoon, so this should be flavorful. The dough included 20 grams of 6-row barley and 50 grams of spent beer grains (both ground into flour).
Hope @Zambezi Special is on the mend.

Has any of you ever made bread with the trub from beer?
I was thinking of trying this with the trub from cider though, as that one doesn't contain any hop, but still seems pretty active (active enough for another batch of cider at least)
It was a toss up between posring here or in the "random thought" thread ;)

Has any of you ever made bread with the trub from beer?
I was thinking of trying this with the trub from cider though, as that one doesn't contain any hop, but still seems pretty active (active enough for another batch of cider at least)
It was a toss up between posring here or in the "random thought" thread ;)
Nope but I'm with you on the hops I've been stung one to many times with the bitterness from hops in cooking. Gravey comes to mind oh hang on I'm pretty sure I did do a bread with beer trub and it had hops in it it was blah.

Ah couldn't find it I'm sure I posted it back in this thread.
Here's a spent grain loaf.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/bread-thread.12594/page-27#post-108991

Last edited:
I mixed 100 gr flour with 100 gr cider trub/water. Smells very appley...
Now we see what happens.
I just forgot one important thing: I'm painting my gas stove with oven, so this is going to be either semi flatbread on the stove top (2 plate burner) or pizza (uuni 3 pizza oven)

Back