Bread Thread!

Man, that looks good. I really like the crust! Going to be doing a loaf or 2 tomorrow of San Francisco Style Sourdough, Think I got my starter tart enough to pull it off.

Man, that looks good. I really like the crust! Going to be doing a loaf or 2 tomorrow of San Francisco Style Sourdough, Think I got my starter tart enough to pull it off.
Thanks Bob. I guess starters can really take some abuse. I'm still amazed such things are even possible.

If not just put some of that lactic acid in it;)

Tried a honey oat loaf for the first time
20201123_072257.jpg

Just finished all the mixing & stretching, formed a ball and got my SF sourdough fermenting in the 70 degree F kitchen with a damp tea towel over it. Hoping it'll be ready to proof & bake tonight. 70% hydration & a kilo of 100% AP flour.

This was my efforts yesterday thought I'd get all fancy and just proof in the baniton no liner man in had to peal that dough out!
Amazing it actually looks pretty good.
20201123_173926.jpg

The Wonky Loaf
That's what I'd call my bakery if I opened one.
Or Daily Bread N Beer;)

This was my efforts yesterday thought I'd get all fancy and just proof in the baniton no liner man in had to peal that dough out!
Amazing it actually looks pretty good.View attachment 13007
The Wonky Loaf
That's what I'd call my bakery if I opened one.
Or Daily Bread N Beer;)
Ya, the Wonky Loaf, and the bread is a little off balance too!

Looks like one of the pizzas we used to post pics of before we all learned to make them round (sort of round). Shape never affected the flavor, so who gives a rat's a$$ what it looks like :)

I put together dough for 2 loaves this morning and decided to let it ferment in the kitchen at 70 F, since there's no room in the fridge with a turkey thawing. Just checked and it isn't close to doubled yet, so going to leave it overnight.

I put together dough for 2 loaves this morning and decided to let it ferment in the kitchen at 70 F, since there's no room in the fridge with a turkey thawing. Just checked and it isn't close to doubled yet, so going to leave it overnight.

Was up at about 2:30 this morning and the dough was more than doubled. Turned out, split and let proof for a couple of hours. Not as much spring as Id hoped for, but looking pretty good.
Loaves.jpg

Excuse the blurriness. A little shaky this morning:)

View attachment 13087 Today’s fresh loaf, with inspiration from @Trialben to increase hydration - got good oven spring from 72.5% hydration.
Wow bloody beautiful I'm in a bit of a bread slump atm havnt been looking after my starter and getting hot so trying to find outside webber Q baking fix.

Think I'm going to go Pizza stone large pyrex bowl as lid...

Back