Bread Thread!

View attachment 12590 With hills on fire to the north and southeast of us, I was hesitant to bake this morning. However, for the time being we are not in danger, so I present my latest sourdough round. I shaped this one better than the last 2.

You're getting artistic now. Really nice looking loaf. Ours prayers for your safety.

Fed my starter earlier today. Have been letting it sit out for 12 to 24 hours before feeding to develop more tang. Seems to be working. We've been going through a lot more bread lately. End of tomato season means eat a bunch of BLTs while we still have homegrowns.

Thanks for sharing, Ben. Those breads all looked amazing!
I like the experiments/tutorials this guy produces.
Yeah I love his content !
I'm trying a blonde ale beer this evening will post a pick when bread is out the oven.
The dough tastes a little tangy.

20201027_181022.jpg
This be the beer bread not an awesome rise but its bread none the less. I only did a mini 400g loaf for this one incase it didnt taste great:)

Looks good Ben. Did you use your own home brew, or something you bought?
My bread, with a tight crumb, made a tasty egg sandwich this morning.

I used my hoppy blond didnt come out just right a little astringent so using it up in cooking I've been using it in my roasts a bit too.

eah that bread dosent taste right just a bit too bitter type thing dam it probably not the best beer to use rekon maybe a wheat beer would suit.
Ah well nothing ventures nothing gained .

My wife made a wicked rosemary round bread this afternoon. Six of us for dinner, it was cut up and consumed so fast I couldn't get a picture of it! Nothing like warm bread from the oven!

Back