Bread Thread!

Check out this big birtha rasin bread it's a 500g loaf blew up like a balloon used some brown sugar in it.
20201006_164425.jpg

Cooling off enough to start using the oven. Pulled my starter out of the fridge and need to discard some before feeding. Will have almost a quart of discard, so time to make some pizza dough. Hmmmmmmmmmm! Pizza sounds good.

image.jpg
Fresh from the oven, this one is a bit Frankenstein. When I was shaping the dough and tightening the skin, I must have inverted the ball. The skin was nice and tight when I placed this in my Dutch oven to proof. When I checked a couple hours later, the tight skin had torn open. I felt it was too far along to reshape, so I went with it.

View attachment 12341 Fresh from the oven, this one is a bit Frankenstein. When I was shaping the dough and tightening the skin, I must have inverted the ball. The skin was nice and tight when I placed this in my Dutch oven to proof. When I checked a couple hours later, the tight skin had torn open. I felt it was too far along to reshape, so I went with it.
Still looks delicious if ya ask me.
Now I'm just curious what we're lookin at here. The taint or the, oh never mind!

Just pulled mine out of the oven. PLTs are on the menu for tomorrow. Wife suggested BLTs, but I had already pulled a package of pastrami out of the freezer, so I win :) Still getting tomatoes out of the garden, so will be savoring BLTs and PLTs as long as they last.

Loaf.jpg

Just pulled mine out of the oven. PLTs are on the menu for tomorrow. Wife suggested BLTs, but I had already pulled a package of pastrami out of the freezer, so I win :) Still getting tomatoes out of the garden, so will be savoring BLTs and PLTs as long as they last.

View attachment 12355
Nice one Bob! I bet itll be a tasty Sammich:p.

Almost the end of my last loaf. Home made pastrami and home made pimento cheese spread with home grown pimentos on home baked sourdough. It don't get any better than that.
View attachment 12391
Now that's a tasty looking lunch I literally just polished off a curried eg sammich and now this has made me hungry again:D.

Heres my custom house rye bread home milled rye grain at 20%.
Oh and another thing I've found over testing it for a couple of loaves is about 20g of sugar added into the mix makes the bread softer and softer for longer try it!:)

20201016_111016.jpg

Next up this eve will be my rasin bred this is what got me onto the sugar as I found it was consistently softer than my straight grain bread...

Oh and for those who avoid sugar 20g in a 550g loaf is 4% sugar.

Now that's a tasty looking lunch I literally just polished off a curried eg sammich and now this has made me hungry again:D.

Heres my custom house rye bread home milled rye grain at 20%.
Oh and another thing I've found over testing it for a couple of loaves is about 20g of sugar added into the mix makes the bread softer and softer for longer try it!:)

View attachment 12396
Next up this eve will be my rasin bred this is what got me onto the sugar as I found it was consistently softer than my straight grain bread...

Oh and for those who avoid sugar 20g in a 550g loaf is 4% sugar.
Nice!

Wow, what a long, but beautiful drive. After a sleepless night, got on the road at 3:30am. Glad we didn’t leave earlier, as we could have been involved in a fuel tanker jack knife and spill that closed Interstate 5 north of Los Angeles. After 14.5 hours, we arrived in Bend, and got our tired butts into our Airbnb lodging. Sipping an Omme Gang Three Philosophers Bourbon Barrel Ale. Got sourdough ready to toast, while homemade soup heats on the stove. Tomorrow, we set out to find beer and good cheer.

Back