Bread Thread!

Getting ready to mix up some dough for my usual KAF No Knead Sourdough. This time I’ll be adding some of the sbg from my brew day earlier this week; some ground to flour, some added whole for texture. Another addition will be some 6-row Brewer’s malt, ground as my diastatic malt powder. We’ll have a loaf baked tomorrow night.
image.jpg

Just pulled a small batch of burger buns out of the oven. Before:
Buns.jpg

After:
Buns2.jpg

While they were baking, I put up a batch of fermented Jalapeño hot sauce. The weird thing in the jar is a zip loc bag filled with water to keep all the peppers submerged.
Peppers.jpg

Under the pile of home made corned beef and cheddar are fresh home grown tomato slices, crispy romaine, more kosher dill pickles and a bit of yellow mustard and mayo. The perfect test for the buns I baked today. The buns passed the test. Can't put this sammich down!

Supper.jpg

I also have a pizza dough rising for tonight’s dinner. My bread dough has been stretched and folded twice; one more stretch and fold to go, before placing that dough in the fridge for an overnight ferment. Time for another beer.
image.jpg

I also have a pizza dough rising for tonight’s dinner. My bread dough has been stretched and folded twice; one more stretch and fold to go, before placing that dough in the fridge for an overnight ferment. Time for another beer.View attachment 11996

My wife would arm wrestle you for that beer:) One of her favorites.

My wife would arm wrestle you for that beer:) One of her favorites.
I shop at a local Target, here it is always available. Before today, it always has cost $9.99 for a sixer. Today it cost $10.99 - plus tax. I drink my share of this beer. I’ll raise a glass to your wife.

We generally only get it in assortment packs. Almost never buy 6 packs of anything.

Under the pile of home made corned beef and cheddar are fresh home grown tomato slices, crispy romaine, more kosher dill pickles and a bit of yellow mustard and mayo. The perfect test for the buns I baked today. The buns passed the test. Can't put this sammich down!

View attachment 11995
Oh yeah that is a burger! This is the Aussie in Me comming out but it ain't a burger without beetroot.

Oh yeah that is a burger! This is the Aussie in Me comming out but it ain't a burger without beetroot.

My beet crop failed miserably this year. Got them in too late and most of them didn't come up. Those that did were so slow that weeds choked them out. Never tried them on a burger. I like the root and greens boiled together. The wife doesn't eat the greens, so I get them all to myself. We also pickle a lot of beets. I bet they'd be good on a burger. Once we've eaten a jar of pickled beets I use the juice for pickled eggs.

My beet crop failed miserably this year. Got them in too late and most of them didn't come up. Those that did were so slow that weeds choked them out. Never tried them on a burger. I like the root and greens boiled together. The wife doesn't eat the greens, so I get them all to myself. We also pickle a lot of beets. I bet they'd be good on a burger. Once we've eaten a jar of pickled beets I use the juice for pickled eggs.
Nice! I find beetroot rump steak tomatoes lettuce and a healthy pour of mayonnaise and tomatoes sauce combine with the beetroot juice oh and the fried ongions to form a mouthwatering burger. An egg squeezed in there wouldn't go astray neither if there is room!:)

Nice! I find beetroot rump steak tomatoes lettuce and a healthy pour of mayonnaise and tomatoes sauce combine with the beetroot juice oh and the fried ongions to form a mouthwatering burger. An egg squeezed in there wouldn't go astray neither if there is room!:)

My favorite burger includes a dollop of mayo, a good amount of crumbled Blue Cheese and a slab of smoked pork belly. I would say that it's hard to banjax a burger, but my first wife could stuff up a cannonball with a rubber hammer :)

Do you need the fried egg too?
Well if your frying the onions you might as well do an egg too ;).
Steak would be grilled so it'll all be on in the BBQ . Just set the burger bun up with your greens ready for steak fried onions and an egg on top slip some cheese in there too. Give it a good squish down to make sure all the juices combine oh and make sure you've got a nice lager within reach you don't want to get up with this one.
You know once you start you can't put it down kinda thing , burger in one hand juice dripping all down your arm beer in the other:p.

Back