Bread Thread!

This morning's bake 550g loaf with 100g home made rye flour.
20200901_100001.jpg

Where do you find the time?
There's always time for beer and bread ;). I'm setting about a rasin bread atm will flick a pic when it's done.
20200902_204943.jpg

This is near last stretch and fold. I fold my raisins in near the end of the folding process also I pre soak them before making dough.

Just put together dough for some Hamburger Buns. Using the dough cycle on the bread machine and yeast, not sourdough starter. WIll edit this post with pics later if I remember.

Just finished eating a double pastrami burger on a home made roll with all the trimmings. Just had room doe a taster of beer to wash down my evening meds. I see the bed in my near future.

Some jumbo rolls and a small loaf.

Jumbo.jpg

The finished product:. 2 x 1/4 lb. grilled beef patties, garden fresh tomatoes, crisp lettuce, home made pastrami and Mt, Olive Kosher pickles, topped off with raw onions, jalapeños and animal sauce, all on a freshly baked sweet bun.

Burger.jpg

Attachments

• HamburgerHot Dog Buns.pdf
    447.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Just put together dough for some Hamburger Buns. Using the dough cycle on the bread machine and yeast, not sourdough starter. WIll edit this post with pics later if I remember.
I tend to mix up all my breads in the bread machine. Kind of takes the "artisanal" look and feel out but it's a heck of a lot easier. Even sourdoughs - mix up a starter the night before, dump everything into the bread machine and stand back until it's time to shape the loaves.

I tend to mix up all my breads in the bread machine. Kind of takes the "artisanal" look and feel out but it's a heck of a lot easier. Even sourdoughs - mix up a starter the night before, dump everything into the bread machine and stand back until it's time to shape the loaves.
I've been doing a bit of both last two breads. After the hydration step i plop the dough and starter into thermomix and give it a short 5 minute knead. Then I continue the stretch and fold after that @ 30 min intervals . I find the thermo gets the dough most the way there but the final stretch and fold or two gets the dough structure ready for the overnight ferment.

But how much like brewing is bread making.
There are a few fundamental rules but there are many ways at attacking the dough to make bread in the end.

Just like beer there are alot of different ways in making wort but eventually it all makes beer in the end.:)

Just finished eating a double pastrami burger on a home made roll with all the trimmings. Just had room doe a taster of beer to wash down my evening meds. I see the bed in my near future.

Some jumbo rolls and a small loaf.

View attachment 11731

The finished product:. 2 x 1/4 lb. grilled beef patties, garden fresh tomatoes, crisp lettuce, home made pastrami and Mt, Olive Kosher pickles, topped off with raw onions, jalapeños and animal sauce, all on a freshly baked sweet bun.

View attachment 11730
Far out that looks bloody fantastic BOB if that had a made me hungry rating it'd be ten out of 10!

Did this bread with 150g of milled whole wheat grains 550g plain flour.View attachment 11832
That looks mighty fine, Ben. Thanks for sharing.
Unfortunately, where I live in Southern California, it has been way too hot to bake, or brew, even too hot to grill. Today is cooler, but the sky is full of smoke and ash, just not pleasant. I look forward to a change in the weather, but won’t be holding my breath waiting.

but the sky is full of smoke and ash, just not pleasant. I look forward to a change in the weather, but won’t be holding my breath waiting.
You be careful out there Herms! You, TW and anyone else being impacted by the fires. Not like there is anything else going on! RDWHAHB...... and keep a GO Bag at the ready!

That looks mighty fine, Ben. Thanks for sharing.
Unfortunately, where I live in Southern California, it has been way too hot to bake, or brew, even too hot to grill. Today is cooler, but the sky is full of smoke and ash, just not pleasant. I look forward to a change in the weather, but won’t be holding my breath waiting.
Hold in there man weather is starting to warm up this end of the globe so hopefully you'll get a change soon.
I hope it ain't a sign of things to come for us down here.
I'm hoping come summer to move my bread operation outside.

About 100 here and we're breathing California smoke again. Supposed to only make about 70 tomorrow with winds out of the North. That'll be a welcome change and should get rid of the smoke too.

Scary Santa Ana winds forecast to blow here, with tinder dry conditions. At least it has cooled some. Friday night/Saturday morning low temperature was 98*F (about 20 miles from the coast) the hottest overnight temp ever in my 54+ years living in this region.

Back