Bread Thread!

Glad there's a bread thread here, otherwise I'd never remember to get my starter out and feed it. That time again ;) Maybe bake a loaf next week.

I bring my starter out of the fridge once a week. I feed it, harvest an amount to make a loaf, feed the starter again, then put it away in the fridge. It seems to work well on this schedule.

One more for you a little oval baked banniton batch 550g this time turned out stunning if I may say so myself :)
20200807_202731.jpg

Wanna do a sour dough rasin bread next if anyone's got some percentages? Pls

I bring my starter out of the fridge once a week. I feed it, harvest an amount to make a loaf, feed the starter again, then put it away in the fridge. It seems to work well on this schedule.
I bet I haven't fed my starters in over 2 months...or more! Like @BOB357 not doing the bread thing much right now. I'm back down about 10 lbs since covid.

When it's too hot, I just bake on the pellet grill. Works great and the temperature control is just as tight as the oven. Woke my starter up this morning. Gonna feed it for a couple days and bake a loaf. Just finished my last one after 2 weeks. Been pulling it out of the freezer and hacking off a couple slices when I get the urge and sticking it back in. Never thawed, so it held really well. I made some Tomato/Jalapeño jam last week and used the end of the loaf for a Peanut Butter and Jam sammich.

Sounds great Bob. I’m just a glutton for punishment. Here in Southern California, we’re under the unusual combination of high heat and humidity - ~100 degrees F with tropical moisture streaming in, with no wind.

Nice.
Been hot here too, but low humidity. I lived in the SFV back in the 70s and much prefer the desert climate.

My wife is a newly retired teacher. We’re considering Bend, Oregon which is probably kind of similar to your climate in Fallon.

It is very similar, and one of our favorite beercation spots too.

Back