Beer pet peeves

In Alberta a Scooner is basically 2.5 pints, I suspect there is a glass smaller than pint but I've never tried to find out. Pitchers are basically 4 or so pints.

In Germany, a Mass is a liter. A Pils is generally 0.3 liters and a Kleines can be 0.2 liters. Hefeweizens and Kristalweizens are generally a half-liter. Ain't no such thing as a Reinheitsgebot-compliant pint. Here in CO, I generally can get a mass, a pint (English), a Shaker pint (US), a Tulip (10 ounce) or a small (10 ounce).

Stupid English units: I'd love to be able to order a liter, a half, a beer (0.3 liters) or a small (0.2 liters).

In Alberta a Scooner is basically 2.5 pints, I suspect there is a glass smaller than pint but I've never tried to find out. Pitchers are basically 4 or so pints.
Just checked my Schmidt pitcher and I could get 52.80 ounces in it.(coincidence or a mile of beer?)

Pitchers arr what i hang on the wall here in Aus :). im assuming your talking a (Jug) in Aussie terms about 4 scooners worth of beer i think its around 2lt Ish?:rolleyes:

I know this is off topic, but which one of you knucklehead American dumbo idiots decided on 5280 feet in a mile? 5000? NOOOO. Too easy! 5500? No way! And why stop on the odd zero. Why not 5283? Or 5287?

For my part I am happy to have the metrics in my brain and always know that there are 1000 milliliters in a mile. All the rest is just fluff.

Sorry, many things americans are guilty of but, the ROMANS invented the mile..not america. It is a measurement of 1000 paces (5000 roman feet).

Sorry, many things americans are guilty of but, the ROMANS invented the mile..not america. It is a measurement of 1000 paces (5000 roman feet).
That’s 2,500 Roman soldiers, right??

Pitchers arr what i hang on the wall here in Aus :). im assuming your talking a (Jug) in Aussie terms about 4 scooners worth of beer i think its around 2lt Ish?:rolleyes:

If you hang your pitchers on the wall do you drink out of pictures??

If you hang your pitchers on the wall do you drink out of pictures??
im sure a pitcher here is a jug;). if you go to the pub in Aus and ask the bar man/lady for a pitcher of beer they would look at you funny:confused:.
isnt a pitcher the bloke who throws the ball in baseball?:p

Between Mark D Pirate and Trialben, with good plugs at the end from soccerdad and Nosybear, this thread has become very entertaining.
I have another peeve that I thought was a thing of the past until the wife and I stopped into a very good Mexican restaurant for a late lunch today. I limit myself to 1 pint if I'm driving, and had an hour drive home ahead. Around here I can't think of any place that serves beer that doesn't have Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Just wanting a decent cold one, that's what I ordered. When the waitress told me they didn't have SNPA, I asked her what the did have. They didn't have a single ale on the menu. I settled for a Negro Modelo. Hey, it was the closes thing to beer they served. Amazing in this day and age. All was not lost though, I was home before 5:00PM and indulging in a Celebration Ale and a stiff shot of whiskey.

Haha, thinking to yourself "I'll never drink again." as you brew your next batch.

Reminds me of a morning many years ago when I woke up next to -------------- Never mind, I don't even want to think about what she looked like :)

Back