Beer pet peeves

The markings are correct, it is calibrated TD (to deliver) as opposed to TC (to contain), which is what we are more used to seeing.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. As I said I'm not a chemist. So if I draw liquid to 0ml in a 5ml dropper like that I would have 0ml TD to the dropper? The sun dial is bass ackwards though unless it was made for the Aussies.:p

Ok, thanks for the clarification. As I said I'm not a chemist. So if I draw liquid to 0ml in a 5ml dropper like that I would have 0ml TD to the dropper? The sun dial is bass ackwards though unless it was made for the Aussies.:p

The way you would use it would be to fill it to the 0 mark, then if you wanted 2ml you would squeeze the bulb until the liquid level went down to the 2ml mark. A quick google search will give you better instructions than I can ( haven't been in a chem lab for 30 years). Hope that clears it up.

People who use the word “yeasties!” :p

I thought it was yoost, like moose.

And all this time I thought the plural of yeast was slurry....

Dang, all these beer terms I've been using wrong....

Believe it or not but sundials simply don't work here in Australia , ( yeasties ) the sun here rises from the zenith and just circles the(yeasties) horizon ....also our sharks have no teeth but our snails do (yeasties )
But like all right thinking nations we do use the metric system because its simply superior in every way to a Hodge podge of units that don't make sense

Believe it or not but sundials simply don't work here in Australia , ( yeasties ) the sun here rises from the zenith and just circles the(yeasties) horizon ....also our sharks have no teeth but our snails do (yeasties )
But like all right thinking nations we do use the metric system because its simply superior in every way to a Hodge podge of units that don't make sense
Can't argue with the metric system part.... Oh, almost forgot. Yeasties.

“Pour me a pint” sounds soo much better than “Pour me a hecta-deci-centi liter.” :p How much do 10 yeasties weigh in metric. :eek:

I agree with the "a pint of ..." sounds much better than "5 deciliter of ...". Replace dots with favorite beer (or yeasties).

Even a pint isn't a pint in my home state
It does bug me to order a pint and get 425 mls instead of 568 ml
That and short measures in the glass by having a large head all bug me

I know this is off topic, but which one of you knucklehead American dumbo idiots decided on 5280 feet in a mile? 5000? NOOOO. Too easy! 5500? No way! And why stop on the odd zero. Why not 5283? Or 5287?

For my part I am happy to have the metrics in my brain and always know that there are 1000 milliliters in a mile. All the rest is just fluff.

I know this is off topic, but which one of you knucklehead American dumbo idiots decided on 5280 feet in a mile? 5000? NOOOO. Too easy! 5500? No way! And why stop on the odd zero. Why not 5283? Or 5287?

For my part I am happy to have the metrics in my brain and always know that there are 1000 milliliters in a mile. All the rest is just fluff.
Having struggled with conventional units throughout a mechanical engineering education, I ask the same thing often.

As Mark allued to in different States in Australia if your at the pub and ask for a pint depending on which state your in youll get a diffferent volume same goes for a Pot or Scooner of beer. i know in Queensland a Pot is the small one Scooner middle and Pint the big fella oh and the Jug if your really champing at the bit.

Last edited:

Back