What’s for dinner?

IMG_20220126_185021424.jpg
Walleye and cauliflower wings.

Topped off the meal with miniature éclairs, crème puffs and a few Zigga Zagga oi oi ois with classic Aussie rocknroll (Jimmy Barnes, Billy Thorpe, John Farnham, Cold Chisel, etc) playing for background noise(as if we needed that). Good time had by all, and it’s about time!

Good music choices there @RoadRoach! I had forgotten Billy Thorpe was from down under. Love the Children of the Sun series of albums. Also, been listening to Jimmy Barnes via a collaboration with Joe Bonamassa (
).

Good music choices there @RoadRoach! I had forgotten Billy Thorpe was from down under. Love the Children of the Sun series of albums. Also, been listening to Jimmy Barnes via a collaboration with Joe Bonamassa (
).
Ah Barnsey is a Classic.

Now can I suggest a lesser known Aussie Artist Paul Kelly
Singer songwriter I think he's the Bob Dylan of Australian songwritting.

).
Strangely enough, I like his rockabilly stuff from DownUnder. He was kind of a one-hit-wonder up here in the States with Children of the Sun. I bought the LP when it first started getting air-time over here. Could still pick up an album back then for about $5. I'd never heard "Most People Think I'm Crazy" until I heard it down there, and was pretty shocked to hear it was BT. I'd only heard the COTS voice and genre, and it boggled the brain. But he does a lot of Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, and a few other covers. Some, I like better than the originals. We have the 4 CD set Lock up your Mothers.

If ya want a good giggle, listen to Bloke by Chris Franklin, and the flip side, Jack off Australia (about removing the Union Jack from the Aussie flag). A good parody of Aussie manhood, and a comedic look at the politics of the day when the first referendum was happening for becoming a Republic.

Strangely enough, I like his rockabilly stuff from DownUnder. He was kind of a one-hit-wonder up here in the States with Children of the Sun. I bought the LP when it first started getting air-time over here. Could still pick up an album back then for about $5. I'd never heard "Most People Think I'm Crazy" until I heard it down there, and was pretty shocked to hear it was BT. I'd only heard the COTS voice and genre, and it boggled the brain. But he does a lot of Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, and a few other covers. Some, I like better than the originals. We have the 4 CD set Lock up your Mothers.

If ya want a good giggle, listen to Bloke by Chris Franklin, and the flip side, Jack off Australia (about removing the Union Jack from the Aussie flag). A good parody of Aussie manhood, and a comedic look at the politics of the day when the first referendum was happening for becoming a Republic.
And @AHarper his origins are Scottish I listened to a podcast on his upbringing sounds like a rough childhood In Scotland before moving out to Aus with his parents.

Guacamole is something I never really ate, because I disliked avocados for no logical reason.
Well, I’ve been making an effort to eat things “I don’t like” and here we go. Went with the suggested Alton Brown recipe. Added a bit more salt and lime than it called for.

Attachments

• 3OAAZDM.jpg
    3OAAZDM.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 31

Back