What’s for dinner?

IMG_20220320_173703.jpg

And it's so easy ;)
On the weber with rotisserie ring.
Underneath the chicken was a drip pan with onions. Well, was supposed to be a drip pan, but I couldn't find it, so used a pyrex dish.
Not a good idea. It cracked. I should have known better.....

Wow, the Pyrex broke? I thought Pyrex was supposed to be able to take all kinds oh heat and abuse. Just not dropping...

So, we have this new stove with an air fry setting. Cooking for the guys on a Wednesday night in the winter is now simple! No more tending to the BBQ outside in the freezing weather. A local grocery has pretty cubed and seasoned chicken, I just spray the mesh with some cooking spray, I do it over the sink to catch any overspray. Come back in 45 minutes to move the chicken to some glassware to sauce, then 10more minutes to bake.
20220330_174957.jpg
20220330_175133.jpg
20220330_175424.jpg
20220330_175435.jpg
20220330_175556.jpg
20220330_191017.jpg

So, we have this new stove with an air fry setting. Cooking for the guys on a Wednesday night in the winter is now simple! No more tending to the BBQ outside in the freezing weather. A local grocery has pretty cubed and seasoned chicken, I just spray the mesh with some cooking spray, I do it over the sink to catch any overspray. Come back in 45 minutes to move the chicken to some glassware to sauce, then 10more minutes to bake.
View attachment 20003 View attachment 20004 View attachment 20005 View attachment 20006 View attachment 20007 View attachment 20008
You gotta love modern appliances!

View attachment 20003 View attachment 20004 View attachment 20005 View attachment 20006 View attachment 20007 View attachment 20008
Just a tip I installed a new oven last year with an Air Fry tray.
You gotta let the air circulate right around the objects being roasted.
So try the next lot with the drip tray down on the bottom you might get a better crisp going.

I do see there is a little gap under the air fry baskets maybe that's enough but worth a go.

this is a minor rant of mine ignore it lol I'm drinking, I actually spent $2 on this meal, one potato, one chicken thigh, one slice of home made bread, one quarter of a bag of frozen veggies, do people really need to eat more and throw half of it away
Amen!
We waste a lot of food here in Aus
I know I waste too much food too.
I always cook left over meals wack them in the fridge or freezer and forget about them.
Ah well the chooks are well fed:rolleyes:

this is a minor rant of mine ignore it lol I'm drinking, I actually spent $2 on this meal, one potato, one chicken thigh, one slice of home made bread, one quarter of a bag of frozen veggies, do people really need to cook and eat more and throw half of it away
I eat leftoversfor lunch most days, unfortunately a fair bit does go to easte though:confused:

My favorite - we have whole chicken legs roasting in the oven, with some Yukon gold potatoes to mash, some sautéed zucchini, and a green salad to start. I’ll post a picture when it’s plated, if I remember.
Oops, I forgot to take a picture. But it was delicious!

Back