What are you drinking right now?

Another local beer; Sapling Ale by Fogbelt Brewing. This is one of the best commercial beers I've had since moving to CA, and it's a pilsner/Citra smash. It's a simple beer brewed exceptionally well. They rotate which hop varietal they use, last version was Sabro (this one is better :D)
20210517_151314.jpg

You don't look old enough to remember KISS. I went to a KISS concert in 1977. You probably weren't even a good itch yet.
You are correct on age. Got into KISS in middle school. Mom and dad are rockers so my earliest music memories are from MTV. They also took me to multiple concerts including KISS when I was in High School

You are correct on age. Got into KISS in middle school. Mom and dad are rockers so my earliest music memories are from MTV. They also took me to multiple concerts including KISS when I was in High School
Wanna hear something really funny? My 13 yr old granddaughter knows every word to "The Immigrant Song" by Led Zepplin. Doesn't have a clue who Led Zepplin is, or the name of the song, but knows every word to it. That's grandparenting done right.

I'm more into the Classic Rock stuff as well. Like my Southern Rock, probably because I'm somewhat proud to be an educated redneck.

I never went farther north than Huntsville, AL, no farther east than Pensacola, FL, and no farther west or south than New Orleans, LA until 1982 when I went to work for GE, and drove my little hopped up VW from Tuscaloosa, AL to Schenectady, NY on Labor Day weekend. When I was a teenager, I thought Yankees lived in Tennessee. I've been Coast to coast, and top to bottom. Not all the states, mind you, but Cali and North Carolina, Michigan and Florida, in the US, and 12 trips DownUnder (where my current wife is from). I've been in 3 of 7 states in Australia, the missus and I toured Scotland on our own agenda, as well as Ireland. Both of those trips were fantastic, to a point. We were in Ireland for 21 days, and it rained on us 22 of them. I've never been so wet and cold in my life. If we got out of the car, it started raining. The sun would come out while we were driving. It was a conspiracy, I tell ya.

Sampled a few beers we can't get here in my travels, now want to see if I can imitate them.

But, back on topic, I just finished a Leffe Abbey Blonde. A little raw yet, but YUM!.

I can tell you this one won't last long, this is the one that all the light fizzy types like. Very low bitterness, frothy mouth feel, little hint of vanilla.
I give you "COVID Operation"

It is my daughter Trevi's 26th birthday tomorrow, we are having a dinner for her tonight, this is probably her favorite of all the beers I make
20210519_160545.jpg

Back