Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

It's the small intestines of a pig. Really good stuff. My wife won't let me cook them in the house. She hates the smell :)
I could imagine!

I never ate pork or chicken growing up guess why?

My mum lived on a pig and poultry farm cant stand the smell of either.

Me 1st job I got out of school was working at a small 300 Sow piggery near where I grew up. I stank of pig shit 24/7:p!

2nd job was working in a slaughter factory where peak production near christmass (when I worked there) was average 4000pigs a day!:eek:

And you know my favorite meal which I might add I've just finnished polishing off is pork chops on a bed of rice and steamed veg.
I just love the little Porkers .

My old man said they used to use the pig intestines as sausage casings also when he was an butcher in Britain.

Hog casings are still very popular. I use them for almost all of my sausages.

I worked in a beef processing plant in my late teens. First few weeks I couldn't even eat a steak. After a while I could eat my lunch on the kill floor.

What was the Christmass Ham bloody woppa eh!
20191226_174140.jpg

We need to eat some of the leftovers in the fridges before I even think about anything else. Had to turn the fermentation fridge down to 40 and put a bunch in it. I can't brew until I get that stuff out. Beef does sound good though.

We had ham for the past three days. Loved it. But was thinking ahead (was born at night, but not last night:D) and cooked a prime rib last weekend. Started working on leftovers yesterday when we returned from family visits. French dip’s tomorrow to finish it off. :)

Don't sound like anyone's starving here. We had our Christmas turkey supper on Tuesday. Both daughters here at the same time was a first since the youngest went off to college 10 years ago. Been eating on the bird every day since with the exception of Thursday night when Miriam whipped up a batch of Cajun mac & cheese with shrimp. Only turkey remaining is a leg and 4 qt. jars of turkey minestrone that I made up from the carcass in the fridget.

Thawing a 6 lb. roast I cut from an 11+ lb. chunk of top round a couple weeks ago. Low and slow on the pellet grill tomorrow. We're not big on beef, but sometimes just feel like some, especially after eating on a turkey for several days.

Gotta have them beans this time of the year. Great winter warmers.

Back