Recipe Not Saving

I can’t recreate the issue. What browser are you using, and what device/platform? I’ll look into this right away. I apologize for this happening, but we’ll correct it ASAP.

If it happens again, check for the little error banner at the top. It's at the very top of the recipe builder and very hard to see if you're saving from, say, the bottom of the recipe. A warning, it's not very informative but at least it will tell you why the recipe isn't saving.

I can’t recreate the issue. What browser are you using, and what device/platform? I’ll look into this right away. I apologize for this happening, but we’ll correct it ASAP.

My apologies for the delay -- I'm about to try editing the recipe again for the first time in a few days and will let you know.

I'm using Chrome (v78) in Windows 7 on a laptop.

Thanks,
Matt

Just had this error message when trying to save a recipe. The adjustment I made was to unselect and reselect equipment profile. Samsung A70 (new device, OS up to date), using chrome browser
Screenshot_20191116-153013_Chrome.jpg

That's the one that drives me up the wall! It's almost helpful...

Look at the error message, the wrong number of text or a space in the blank of other ingredients

@Craigerrr if you're able to replicate the issue could you make the recipe public?

Recipe is public. As I noted, I only deselected, and then reselected the equipment profile. I had made some changes to the equipment profile. I made no adjustments to any ingredients. There is a bug, somewhere. I have had this happen a number of times before, but not under the same circumstance.
This didn't create a big problem, thought I would bring it to your attention.

As Nosy said, this one is annoying. You do some random changes to the recipe in a session that's longer than a few minutes and you don't touch the other ingredients section and that message appears on save. You refresh the page, make your changes quickly and hit save and it works. It's one of those nightmare to reproduce bugs as it's got something to do with timings.

You got anything with an each as a unit of measure in the other ingredients section? That's my latest (unsupported) theory.

I do have whirlfloc with each as the unit of measure. I have however made several other adjustments to this recipe (not to to whirlfloc), and had no issues with saving.

I was getting this same error when attempting to add "0.5 tsp Irish Moss, 15 min, Fining, Boil" to the Other Ingredients section.
Wouldn't let me save my changes unless I removed it.
I had to close the tab and reopen the recipe, and re-add the Moss. Then it would let me save.
I'm using Google Chrome if that matters at all.

This is very strange. It's not happening to everyone using Chrome who has other ingredients in their recipe, but it seems to happen on occasion and that makes it very hard to pin down. I've put in a ticket and hopefully the devs can find the problem. Please let me know if anyone is experiencing this, and when it happens. That will help us find the issue.

This is very strange. It's not happening to everyone using Chrome who has other ingredients in their recipe, but it seems to happen on occasion and that makes it very hard to pin down. I've put in a ticket and hopefully the devs can find the problem. Please let me know if anyone is experiencing this, and when it happens. That will help us find the issue.
I've experienced it from time to time but as you say, it's intermittent. I can't reproduce it myself.

Back