Camping This & That’s

I dig it! Wifey and I were talking about one of these as a maybe thing. Do you really need that big ass pick-up to pull it or is that the car with the trailer hitch?
Wife drives a new Grand Cherokee and I drive a new 3/4 ton Ram pickup. The truck has the 7 and 4 way plugs wired and a brake controller built in. The wife’s Jeep has the wiring and the plugs, but not the brake controller (yet). Once I get the brake controller in her jeep, we’ll tow with that. The camper weighs around 1,500 lbs full. The truck can pull over 15,000 lbs, so yeah, the trucks a bit oversized :D

. The camper weighs around 1,500 lbs full. The truck can pull over 15,000 lbs, so yeah, the trucks a bit oversized :D

Ahhgg….What's an extra zero between a couple hundred horse power?

The missus and I (and the puppy) took a quick drive up to Cooks Forest State Park, for a two day camping trip, and back home again.

7F6E832D-FEFC-4C2C-9FE1-A42C960E3A9C.jpeg
DE99ACF2-B373-49C3-9013-73FF2C681FF3.jpeg

26F75203-1C3C-4335-A7EE-CD749A4F4DC7.jpeg

Booked the first trip of the year this morning, for our "Victoria Day" Weekend (usually one week before US Memorial Day) Four nights at Bon Echo Provincial Park in South Eastern Ontario , May 15-18. Just some map pictures to give you an idea as to where in the world this is. In the second picture the heart near where it says Kitchener is roughly where I live. It is about a 5 hour drive.

BE1.JPG

BE2.JPG

BE3.JPG

Good on you Craigerrr, were gonna have to do some booking soon for next year ourselves. Back in the mid 70’s my uncle and cousins went in a week long fishing trip somewhere north Kingston Ontario... good times, but I was Around 12 back then.

Last year our May long weekend camping was cancelled because the parks were closed. We did get out over our July 1st Canada week, and had two other trips to Sauble beach. Hoping that this year will be better. We have booked the May long weekend at Sharbot Lake, and a week at the beginning of August at Canisbay Lake (Algonquin).
Screenshot_20210124-110504_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20210124-110719_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20210124-110856_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20210124-110644_Maps.jpg

Our lockdown has been extended and once again this year our May long weekend camping is a no go. It is kind of ridiculous as camping is kind of the epitome of social distancing:mad: Nothing we can do about it, just hope that our trip at the end of June will happen...

Our lockdown has been extended and once again this year our May long weekend camping is a no go. It is kind of ridiculous as camping is kind of the epitome of social distancing:mad: Nothing we can do about it, just hope that our trip at the end of June will happen...
Sorry to hear that :/ we also had to cancel a camping trip in June. It's a big bummer

Yeah they let it get almost completely out of control in Alberta before they did anything. Kenney's desperate to get the Stampede to go though so he has to do something.

I feel fortunate. Here in So Cal, we’re opening up. My wife and I enjoyed a 2 night camping trip in our beloved San Bernardino National Forest a couple weeks ago. We camped in a beautiful, forested campground at ~7,200 feet in elevation, spending Sunday and Monday nights with only a few other campers several sites away. The solitude was rewarding. We hiked into the San Gorgonio Wilderness, crowned by 11,500 foot Mount San Gorgonio. We saw a few wildflowers, and as usual enjoyed excellent birdwatching. We enjoyed some homebrew and other intoxicants.
Though it was a great trip, it was also one of sadness. Within sight of our camp was the burn scar from a human caused wildfire that in 2015 destroyed vast swaths of the northern and eastern parts of the San Gorgonio Wilderness. On the drive up to our camp, we got to see the destruction of the southern and western portions of said wilderness, the result of a wildfire in 2020 that was caused by a gender reveal party. Sometimes people suck!
We’ll be going back, staying in the same campsite, for a Monday and Tuesday night stay in a few weeks. Looking to enjoy more of the same.

I feel fortunate. Here in So Cal, we’re opening up. My wife and I enjoyed a 2 night camping trip in our beloved San Bernardino National Forest a couple weeks ago. We camped in a beautiful, forested campground at ~7,200 feet in elevation, spending Sunday and Monday nights with only a few other campers several sites away. The solitude was rewarding. We hiked into the San Gorgonio Wilderness, crowned by 11,500 foot Mount San Gorgonio. We saw a few wildflowers, and as usual enjoyed excellent birdwatching. We enjoyed some homebrew and other intoxicants.
Though it was a great trip, it was also one of sadness. Within sight of our camp was the burn scar from a human caused wildfire that in 2015 destroyed vast swaths of the northern and eastern parts of the San Gorgonio Wilderness. On the drive up to our camp, we got to see the destruction of the southern and western portions of said wilderness, the result of a wildfire in 2020 that was caused by a gender reveal party. Sometimes people suck!
We’ll be going back, staying in the same campsite, for a Monday and Tuesday night stay in a few weeks. Looking to enjoy more of the same.
The only good thing about that gender reveal party was cracking jokes afterwards about how stupid do you have to be???

Sounds beautiful! I do love the West Coast, it truly is the best coast :)

Sounds like a beautiful place, damn shame about the devastation though. Put some pictures up if you have them?

Back