Camping This & That’s

This is about the limit of my outdoor adventures any more. Used to love camping, but these old bones don't like the cool mornings and hard ground .
Dusted off my Fishmobile and took a ride out to my favorite pond. Didn't even get a bite, but cleaned out and reorganized my tackle box. Started getting warm, so headed back to the casa. Made it a 4 mile round trip. Felt good to get some exercise. Will do it again tomorrow and see what a couple extra miles feels like.
Fishmobile.jpg
Pond.jpg

This is about the limit of my outdoor adventures any more. Used to love camping, but these old bones don't like the cool mornings and hard ground .
Dusted off my Fishmobile and took a ride out to my favorite pond. Didn't even get a bite, but cleaned out and reorganized my tackle box. Started getting warm, so headed back to the casa. Made it a 4 mile round trip. Felt good to get some exercise. Will do it again tomorrow and see what a couple extra miles feels like. View attachment 6673 View attachment 6674

Desert oasis. Does that water come from the truckee or the Carson or something else? When I was in Reno on the fourth there was still a lot of water coming down from lake Tahoe and quite a bit of snow in the higher Sierra. They were skiing Squaw on the fourth of July in shorts.

Dusted off my Fishmobile and took a ride out to my favorite pond. Didn't even get a bite, but cleaned out and reorganized my tackle box. Started getting warm, so headed back to the casa. Made it a 4 mile round trip. Felt good to get some exercise. Will do it again tomorrow and see what a couple extra miles feels like. View attachment 6673 View attachment 6674
Nice trolling setup on the back of that Schwinn. You must be using side planers.

Desert oasis. Does that water come from the truckee or the Carson or something else? When I was in Reno on the fourth there was still a lot of water coming down from lake Tahoe and quite a bit of snow in the higher Sierra. They were skiing Squaw on the fourth of July in shorts.

The Carson, via our irrigation canal system that splits off just below Lahontan Dam. They used to divert water from the Truckee into the system too, but haven't for several years. Lahontan is about to capacity and they're running water out to all of the wetlands North and East of us. Great water year, as was last year.

That's a nice setup bob.

Fishing along the way makes the exercise bearable :) Put the bike together when I retired 5+ years ago. It hasn't got much use in the last 2 years, but I really need to start riding regularly to work off some of the old beer gut.

Fishing along the way makes the exercise bearable :) Put the bike together when I retired 5+ years ago. It hasn't got much use in the last 2 years, but I really need to start riding regularly to work off some of the old beer gut.
Hey and fishing beer and riding go hand in hand depending on how many you have.:rolleyes:

Exercise is more appealing to me than cutting down on my beer consumption. These rides would be much earlier in the day than I start drinking. Ah, unless it's a really bad morning ")

Exercise is more appealing to me than cutting down on my beer consumption. These rides would be much earlier in the day than I start drinking. Ah, unless it's a really bad morning ")
A six pack and a bike ride can be a memorable expierence. As I was typing that I made sure I put bike before ride just to stop any confusion both are memorable expierences lol :D!

This is how I keep the beer flowing, hit the mountains, ride up for hours and love the descents!
image.png

This has been our setup for the past two weeks, back to real live I'm a few days, but that's ok cause my kegs are calling (and I have two batches fermenting).
image.png

image.png

Camping shirt
image.png

This is how I keep the beer flowing, hit the mountains, ride up for hours and love the descents!
View attachment 6688

This has been our setup for the past two weeks, back to real live I'm a few days, but that's ok cause my kegs are calling (and I have two batches fermenting).
View attachment 6689
View attachment 6690
Camping shirt
View attachment 6691
Beaut of a bike man. I finally had to give up the trails and full suspension after my last knee rebuild a few years back. I do a little hard pack trails here and there on my hard tail Specialized hybrid unit, but not much.

Beaut of a bike man. I finally had to give up the trails and full suspension after my last knee rebuild a few years back. I do a little hard pack trails here and there on my hard tail Specialized hybrid unit, but not much.
Ya it is a fun bike, it has electronic suspension, so it is always ajusting as I ride. When I climb it is locked out but when the front fork registers a big enough bump it soften up the rear to absorb then back to lock out. I could be going 60km. 40mph and it will change before the back wheel hits!

Ya it is a fun bike, it has electronic suspension, so it is always ajusting as I ride. When I climb it is locked out but when the front fork registers a big enough bump it soften up the rear to absorb then back to lock out. I could be going 60km. 40mph and it will change before the back wheel hits!
Wowie that is some bike there Valka gotta counter the beers some way looks like a great past-time enjoy it while your there!

Wowie that is some bike there Valka gotta counter the beers some way looks like a great past-time enjoy it while your there!
It is great camping but I ride pretty much every day 9 months a year

Looks really homey there. It must be tough to break a camp like that to leave for those kegs!

Last trip of the season, and the longest, one week at Mikisew Provincial Park, 3 hours north of Toronto. It is pretty NORTH, but still considered to be the Near North. Progressively panned out screen shots to give you perspective of where on earth we are.
Screenshot_20190902-173051.png

Screenshot_20190902-173058.png

Screenshot_20190902-173104.png

Screenshot_20190902-173121.png

Used to take highway 11 all the way to Cochrane for week long fly in fishing trips for walleye and pike.

Last edited:

Back