Camping This & That’s

They don't even have golf open here in Ontario. Playground equipment has police tape around it. Sad really, hope we can put this shit behind us soon...

They don't even have golf open here in Ontario. Playground equipment has police tape around it. Sad really, hope we can put this shit behind us soon...
Man I wish things were still closed around here. Everyone is acting like there is no disease anymore and it's starting to piss me off. Like I mentioned earlier, my county is still not in the least restrictive tier, but now that the CDC has announced masks as optional, no one gives a flying fuck anymore. I feel terrible for the immunocompromised in the area. Sorry, not trying to get into politics, but I'm so frustrated by the lack of compliance during the height of the pandemic and feel utterly let down by the officials here with the decisions they've made lately. Police tape around a playground would at least remind these idiots that viruses don't disappear overnight.

Following are some photos from our recent camping and hiking trip. Near the wilderness boundary is a very rare aspen grove, and those aspen are regenerating from the burnt remains of their ancestors. The forest was home to oaks, pines, firs and cedars. There was a giant cedar that we stopped under on a backpack trip in 2010, but on this trip found its burned, dead hulk fallen across the path. Where the grand old tree had been cut to allow the trail to follow its established path, it was easy to see from tree rings that this old giant had lived at least a few hundred years. The one picture showing live trees is from our campsite in Heart Bar Campground.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4WL6H2FwNUzcaxor8

Everyone is acting like there is no disease anymore and it's starting to piss me off.
Ha! If my neighbor gets the jab it means I'm immune, right? :rolleyes:

I admit I am slightly less cautious, dining indoors and the like, but hand sanitizer seems here to stay. It could be worse.

Ha! If my neighbor gets the jab it means I'm immune, right? :rolleyes:

I admit I am slightly less cautious, dining indoors and the like, but hand sanitizer seems here to stay. It could be worse.
There is definitely light visible at the end of the tunnel, and for that I'm very grateful :)

Man I wish things were still closed around here. Everyone is acting like there is no disease anymore and it's starting to piss me off. Like I mentioned earlier, my county is still not in the least restrictive tier, but now that the CDC has announced masks as optional, no one gives a flying fuck anymore. I feel terrible for the immunocompromised in the area. Sorry, not trying to get into politics, but I'm so frustrated by the lack of compliance during the height of the pandemic and feel utterly let down by the officials here with the decisions they've made lately. Police tape around a playground would at least remind these idiots that viruses don't disappear overnight.
I've got coworkers upset because even though tomorrow masks go from required to recommended our company is still requiring masks for all employees and vendors. Customers may choose not to wear one if they're vaccinated. Ofcourse though like with the "service animals" that come through our doors we can't actually ask for documentation so you can't police it. Anyways my coworkers are upset we still have to wear them. I hate them as much as the next guy, I just don't want to risk things getting out of control again. I'm honestly afraid that we won't truly hit herd immunity because I know too many people personally that won't get vaccinated. Just hope and pray for the best I guess.

As far as the restrictions in Ontario I've never understood why they close solo outdoor activities like golf. My in-laws campground on Seneca lake (municipally run) is fully open this year. Last year they didn't open till July or August and they only let in those whose sites fully have water because they kept the public restrooms closed. We anxious as I am it's nice to see some kind of return to normalcy this summer. Just hope this fall is better too

My major concern is this mutates into something the vaccine doesn't help with and then we're back to square one. I don't mind the masks at all, they're kind of annoying yes but really a minor inconvenience compared to having to wear pants.

image.jpg
Cheers from camp!

Back