I brewed today!

Between the deer, the bears and the turkeys... don’t wanna walk around the grass too much ;)

Brewing a Leftovers IPA today. Warrior, Loral, Mosaic, Citra & Idaho 7.
upload_2019-6-25_10-38-0.jpeg

Looks like you've done some serious rearranging since I saw your brew loft. Looking good, but a bit too complex for my simple mind.

I was going to brew today, but the IPA I brewed Saturday is still actively fermenting. Should be about done by tomorrow afternoon so I can control the temp without the thermowell and keep the ambient in the fridge in the mid '60s. Hope to have the IPA on tap by the middle of next week and the Pale Ale I'm brewing tomorrow a few days later. Hate playing catch up:(

IPA.jpg

Only I know how this Franken system evolved. Sure is working great though. No changes planned. Brew day went well. Can’t wait to try this beer. It will be a “2 weeks brew to glass” beer cuz I need to get another beer made, kegged and submitted to competition before heading to Sturgis on 7/31. My Cream Ale is starting to look and taste really outstanding.

Looks like you've done some serious rearranging since I saw your brew loft. Looking good, but a bit too complex for my simple mind.

I was going to brew today, but the IPA I brewed Saturday is still actively fermenting. Should be about done by tomorrow afternoon so I can control the temp without the thermowell and keep the ambient in the fridge in the mid '60s. Hope to have the IPA on tap by the middle of next week and the Pale Ale I'm brewing tomorrow a few days later. Hate playing catch up:(

View attachment 6504

Well, I forgot about dry hops. Dropped in 2 oz. Centennial and an ounce of Columbus last night. This morning the air lock is doing about 90 MPH. Guess I won't be brewing today either.
I've been storing a Danby apartment size fridge for my daughter. Going to measure it up and see if I can fit one of my Fermonsters in it. If so, I can use it for cold crashing and speed up the process of filling the pipeline.

Well, I forgot about dry hops. Dropped in 2 oz. Centennial and an ounce of Columbus last night. This morning the air lock is doing about 90 MPH. Guess I won't be brewing today either.
I've been storing a Danby apartment size fridge for my daughter. Going to measure it up and see if I can fit one of my Fermonsters in it. If so, I can use it for cold crashing and speed up the process of filling the pipeline.
Dont forget Bob the weeds are still growing in the garden. Busy Busy Busy.:D

Got the weeds under control :) Hops sinking last night and no more air lock activity, so turned the fridge down to 66F. Today is definitely a go for brewing. Went out and got some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Torpedo and Lagunitas 12th of Never yesterday, so won't die of thirst before getting some home brew flowing.

Brewing a Lawnmower beer to quench the thirst of a busy gardener, mechanic, carpenter etc.etc. etc.
But brewing is a big job too. So dug in the cellar and pulled out some "Janets Brown" brewed after Christmas
20190627_195135.jpg

Very tasty! Sharp hop bite from cascade but malty goodness...
Would compare it in quality with the Fremont B- Bomb 14.5% we shared as mash water was heating. Not the abv but tasty anyway.

Brewed a pale ale today with Chinook & Columbus. Should be cool enough to aerate and pitch in the next couple of hours.
How do you chill Bob? I use emersion chilling with a roll of copper pipe which isn't very efficient but works in about an hour. You have warm tap water? Mine varies with the seasons.

I use an IC. Tap water is pretty warm this time of year. I just chill down to about 80, transfer and put it in the fermentation fridge until it gets down to about 66 or 68, then aerate & pitch. I've got a pre chiller and a high volume ice maker in the fridge, but haven't used it since moving my brewing inside. The quicker I get out of the kitchen, the easier the wife is to get along with :)

Last night actually, first go on a 10 gallon batch with my NEIPA, super tight in the mash tun, mashed around 1.1qt/lb, had to do two batch sparges. Also should have used more rice hulls, runnings were sssslllllooooooowwwwww...
IMG_20190629_1428469.jpg

Last night actually, first go on a 10 gallon batch with my NEIPA, super tight in the mash tun, mashed around 1.1qt/lb, had to do two batch sparges. Also should have used more rice hulls, runnings were sssslllllooooooowwwwww...
View attachment 6523
Looks like your final volume was all good there Craig?

Cervisia is cooling in the basement. Think session abbey beer with both hops and gruit.

Got me brown done this one looks more mud brown not as dark as last one. First brew.back with me pump not a drop of water went near it Lol got some good numbers ended up at 1.059 87% efficiency but I mashed a bit high at start I forgot to turn one of the elements off at mash in and wondered why things were at 68c.
20190706_175350.jpg

Here's a shot of me grist pig hope youse get as much a laugh out of it as I did he hee.
20190706_173752.jpg

Its still a little hot Lol:D

Time for a Nut Brown Ale! It’s one of our favorites.

8lbs of Maris Otter and 1/4lb each of Chocolate Malt, Caramel 120, Belgium Biscuit and Special Roast, an ounce of Fuggle hops and Wyeast 1098.

Hit all our numbers, now we give it a couple weeks, keg and pour.

13ED54AD-AE08-4F94-B093-7A6768AC7A13.jpeg

0FA852B3-5A0D-4E5A-BF4C-198D0786D92E.jpeg

72716F43-A3A4-450D-90FD-FD67B0399380.jpeg

Back