Home made pizza

I was a little disappointed with the way the wheat,even @ 10%, reduced the rise in the oven.
Tasted good though!
I do like the way the aluminum pan is cooking the crust with a little olive oil.

upload_2019-6-4_7-39-38.png

This 1 came out as my favorite!
The onion pedals are so much better than chopped!

I was a little disappointed with the way the wheat,even @ 10%, reduced the rise in the oven.
Tasted good though!
I do like the way the aluminum pan is cooking the crust with a little olive oil.
I have a bunch of different pans and I've found the aluminum I have which is pretty thick takes longer to to cook than non stick steal, I put the steal in the middle the aluminum on the bottom rack at 550

IMG_20190604_173734882.jpg

I have a bunch of different pans and I've found the aluminum I have which is pretty thick takes longer to to cook than non stick steal, I put the steal in the middle the aluminum on the bottom rack at 550

View attachment 6330
Do you put the aluminum 1 in the oven when cooking on the steel? Like the picture shows?

I do that to slow the bottom from getting too dark for those pans only, they hold heat too much I guess

Pizza day again :)
In preparation for vacation, I scaled to a 5# bag of flour because I'm assuming there won't be a scale at the rental unit we'll be staying at.
I also made the dough up yesterday morning and did a 6 hour rise before dividing and then moving to a retarder (refrigerator).
I weighed out 3 different sizes, 16 oz, 13 oz and 10 oz.
We'll see how they cook up tonight and I may do a couple on the grill.
Cheers,
Brian

2 3/4 teaspoons dry active yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
3 cups bread flour (or all-purpose flour)
Add warm water (appox. 120° F)
Roll into a ball, rub with olive oil then ferment cold in a fridge for 12 hours or over night

there is no set water amount with mine I add it last and adjust as I go

this makes 2 -12 inch pizzas but I also divide this into 4 balls and ferment in different containers for personal pizzas

Do you have a dough recipe posted here? All these pics make me want to make a pizza.
Try this;
5# all purpose unbleached flour ( reserve 1 cup for handling)
49 ounces luke warm water.( 1/4 cup pulled to rehydrate the yeast).
1.5 TBLS. Non-iodinized salt
1.5 tsp. Dry bread yeast.
Autolyse the flour for 30 min
Then incorporate the yeast and salt.
Fold after 30 minutes to build gluten structure
Rise 6 hours

Back