Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Sunday roast. Maybe next time I'll save some fat and make yorkshire puddings. Rats why didn't I think of that before I tossed it all :(

Last observation. I bought a 17lb brisket. Of that 5lb were trimming. I ended up with 6.5lb of product and 1.5qt of delicious jus. . .

As promised.... not quite a low and slow, but it filled my belly just the same. “T-bone” with sautéd baby Portabellas.

89F3394F-0440-43B8-A184-8E8B2659770F.jpeg

Now you're talkin'. Been craving some Q. Back home now and will be rolling out the grill as soon as I kick this Irish flu.

Just pulled my Lasagna off of the Traeger. Turned out great. Just can't see heating up the kitchen when the pellet grill works just fine for anything you want to cook.
Lasagna.jpg

Got a pork shoulder thawing in the fridge. Pulled pork on the menu for later in the week.

6# pork shoulder prepped and popped on the Traeger at 7:30AM::
Shoulder.jpg

No mopping or spritzing and smoked at 225F. Sitting at 185F and still looking juicy, so not even thinking about wrapping. Pulling this baby off at 203F. Got some fresh slaw to go with it. MMMmmmmm!
@185.jpg

As they say about the kernel Finger Lickin Good! That's a nice bit of meat Bob hope you've got a good beverage to wash it down with!:)

Back