What are you drinking right now?

Forgot to pull a pint before I started cleaning kegs and beer lines, so drinking PBR. My favorite standby.
PBR.jpg

been on a "hot streak" lately making beers with the Norwegian yeast mostly. I've been drinking 4 of my homebrews lately, all pretty tasty.

I did a Faux German Pils: 80% Weyermann Pils, 10% Vienna, and 10% CaraFoam, bittered to 25 IBUs with Magnum at 60, and then finished with an ounce of Hallertau, and fermented at 93ºF with HotHead, brewed on a Sunday afternoon and kegged on a Wednesday night, super crisp and easy drinking, the most beer flavored beer I can imagine. I fool most people that it's a true lager before telling them it's HotHead yeast.

Did a single malt NEIPA with Weyermann Vienna. Whirlpooled Mosaic, Mandarina Bavaria, and Meridian hops, dry hopped with the same three, but I've been doing a dry hop technique I picked up from Scott Janish. The first that goes into the fermenter is hops, then the wort, then the yeast, and it gets all the biotransformation benefits. I fermented this one at 90ºF with Voss, so it's been an explosion of sweet citrus and tropical fruits, and the Vienna malt holds the flavors up even higher than usual.

I did a mixed fermentation sour, straight 50/50 Pilsner and White Wheat for the grain bill, then boiled and used about 2oz of freshly zested Louisiana grapefruits in place of hops, cooled it and pitched Omega's Lacto Blend for 24 hours at 93ºF, and then pitched Voss the next night right on it, didn't kill the Lacto. Kegged it with freshly juiced Louisiana Grapefruits at a rate of 2% juice content. So, per 5 gallons I aimed for ~12oz. Very tasty, very crushable beer.

And to fill my kegerator, I did a Farmhouse IPA thing. 75% Pils, 15% Rye, and 10% CaraFoam, and then whirlpooled Amarillo and Mandarina Bavaria, and then dry hopped with those two plus Lemondrop, and fermented it at 90ºF with Omega's Jovaru Lithuanian strain, came out like a huge burst of citrus, yeast still shines through some peppery notes behind the hops.

You've been a busy man! Wishing I had some time to brew and hoping the keg I'm working on killing lasts until Saturday. Leaving for about 3 weeks Sunday. Wanted to get in a brew session before leaving and also a cider. but the IPA that's crashing in my fermentation fridge is being stubborn Might just have to keg it cloudy and get the planned brews in the fridge. Would be nice to come home to a well conditioned IPA and a Pale Ale and cider that can be ready to drink within a few days.

been on a "hot streak" lately making beers with the Norwegian yeast mostly. I've been drinking 4 of my homebrews lately, all pretty tasty.

I did a Faux German Pils: 80% Weyermann Pils, 10% Vienna, and 10% CaraFoam, bittered to 25 IBUs with Magnum at 60, and then finished with an ounce of Hallertau, and fermented at 93ºF with HotHead, brewed on a Sunday afternoon and kegged on a Wednesday night, super crisp and easy drinking, the most beer flavored beer I can imagine. I fool most people that it's a true lager before telling them it's HotHead yeast.

Did a single malt NEIPA with Weyermann Vienna. Whirlpooled Mosaic, Mandarina Bavaria, and Meridian hops, dry hopped with the same three, but I've been doing a dry hop technique I picked up from Scott Janish. The first that goes into the fermenter is hops, then the wort, then the yeast, and it gets all the biotransformation benefits. I fermented this one at 90ºF with Voss, so it's been an explosion of sweet citrus and tropical fruits, and the Vienna malt holds the flavors up even higher than usual.

I did a mixed fermentation sour, straight 50/50 Pilsner and White Wheat for the grain bill, then boiled and used about 2oz of freshly zested Louisiana grapefruits in place of hops, cooled it and pitched Omega's Lacto Blend for 24 hours at 93ºF, and then pitched Voss the next night right on it, didn't kill the Lacto. Kegged it with freshly juiced Louisiana Grapefruits at a rate of 2% juice content. So, per 5 gallons I aimed for ~12oz. Very tasty, very crushable beer.

And to fill my kegerator, I did a Farmhouse IPA thing. 75% Pils, 15% Rye, and 10% CaraFoam, and then whirlpooled Amarillo and Mandarina Bavaria, and then dry hopped with those two plus Lemondrop, and fermented it at 90ºF with Omega's Jovaru Lithuanian strain, came out like a huge burst of citrus, yeast still shines through some peppery notes behind the hops.
Very impressive lineup! That should make for a nice group of tasters.

Jones'en a bit. I've been on call for a couple weeks now and had nothing but a session ale and a small nip of Beam Double Barrel. Couple more days to go...

603 Summer Session IPA. One of their better ales

My Baseline West Coast IPA. Only been in the keg for 2 days, but I'm in need of a hop fix.
Baseline.jpg

Heading out to Ireland and not sure if they've discovered real hops there yet. Hopefully, what I've read about their burgeoning craft brew scene is true. If not, we will be packing some known great breweries in the Seattle area into the day we're spending there on the way back home.
Will try to post some pics while we're away. Will see you all back here in 3 weeks.

Thought I'd give you summer solstice dwellers a shot of the pool since I havnt snapped a pool-beer photo in awhile I've been fighting the algae to lately btw hope it dont spoil the shot lol.
20190522_154714.jpg

See that passion fruit vine in the background? Well get this I planted two of them suckers one near the chook house and one not far behind that smiley face in FEBRUARY! They've done some growing eh! Few passionfruit on em too not enough for a passionfruit brew though maybe next summer though. Planted them to shade the chooks in summer tick.

Cheers this brew will kick soon it's just tasting too good why ella. Love the extra MB photo upload size ADMIN!

Back