brewing beer with wine yeast?

xayz110

Trial Member
Reaction score
Is there any information or article on brewing beer with wine yeast?:p

Well...I googled "brewing beer with wine yeast" and the first reference is a link to an article entitled "Brewing Beer with Wine Yeast". You could start there. :D :D :D

I suppose there's a reason over the years all these different strains of yeast have been sorted into different brewing categorys for us by our forbearers. ID stick with what they've found works best.

Well...I googled "brewing beer with wine yeast" and the first reference is a link to an article entitled "Brewing Beer with Wine Yeast". You could start there. :D :D :D
I have already downloaded!thanks:D

Reactions: J A
Certain styles might be interesting. "Brut" IPA comes to mind. Something light and hoppy done with Champagne yeast might lead to an interesting quencher.

I suppose there's a reason over the years all these different strains of yeast have been sorted into different brewing categorys for us by our forbearers. ID stick with what they've found works best.
I saw this sentence in the article you recommended to me------“In Farmhouse Ales (Brewer’s Publications, 2004), Phil Markowski even theorizes that the Saison Dupont yeast may have mutated from a red wine strain given the similar temperature requirements.”Sounds interesting:D

Back