What are you drinking right now?

Trying to trick my camera, to seeing clear beer lol

WP_20181109_20_52_11_Pro.jpg

Whats the growing season for tomatoes in your neighborhood. Seems like should be early spring down there.

Yeah spring time here has been like summer growing period is getting harvest in before fruit fly find you! Not to many gone bad these caterpillars have been nasty just chew a hole right through the side of the tomatoes. We dont frost here so next winter I'll be trialing them in a sunny spot.

So it isn't right now, but rather 2 days ago - I am travelling in Mexico right now and have intermittent internet access...

I've had some good craft beers, and visited a Pulqueria -
Screenshot_2018-11-11-21-42-21-01.jpeg

- a place where the fermented beverage Pulgue is made, called La Guayaba. They offered 5 different styles of Pulque, as well as mezcals (which will have to be sampled on another trip) and craft beers, along with a house made beer that tasted like a well made IPA.

Pulque is a beverage made by fermenting the sap of the agave plant, which also provides for mezcal and tequila.

Tbe 5 varieties of Pulque were Natural, Guayaba, Frisa (Strawberry), Elote (Corn), and Cacao (Cocoa). My favorites were tge Frisa and the Guayaba. They both complimented the taste of the Pulque, which had a milky, viscous mouthfeel ( reminded me of tapioca or okra), and tasted lightly alcoholic and slightly sweet - hinting of agave syrup. It was not sour at all to me; I've read that it's a characteristic of Pulque, but I've also read that it's a trait of older Pulque, and that it should be consumed within 1-2 days. The Pulque we had tasted veey fresh. I'd read that Pulque is about 4-6% abv, and I did not feel at all intoxicated after having the 5, 5ish ounce samples of the Pulque.

result_1541913987381.jpg

From the bottom, going clockwise - Guayaba, Natural, Elote, Cacao, and Frisa.

If you ever find yourself in Cuernavaca, the " City of Eternal Spring", I highly recommend seeking this place out. I also reccomend trying Pulque at least once, if you have the chance. I love it!

Last edited:
My English Pube Ale, need a refill.

^^^ Wot? Here I was waiting for a MAGA comment and we get this LOL

For the record, somehow my smiley face got lost....

Wow! That's what I call a brilliant beer.
Trick photographery:)...

Now for the murkiest beer remember that strawberry whitbier I did awhile back well this here is the very last of it. It sure has a lovely slight strawberry smell still! So adding fruit to some beer sure does pay off:).
20181123_191002.jpg

Back