You know you did it wrong when...

......when you building your first keezer but still want to keep your beer cold.......glued the collar on, left the kegs in the keezer, put the lid on, put some weight on the lid to help blue the colour down, and waited overnight.

Got up in the morning, so the temperature control program laying on the floor beside the keezer and said OH SH!T!!!! (that's when I knew I did it wrong)

Three frozen Kegs.

......when you building your first keezer but still want to keep your beer cold.......glued the collar on, left the kegs in the keezer, put the lid on, put some weight on the lid to help blue the colour down, and waited overnight.

Got up in the morning, so the temperature control program laying on the floor beside the keezer and said OH SH!T!!!! (that's when I knew I did it wrong)

Three frozen Kegs.
Eisenbeer? :(

You want to etch volume graduations in your kettle because you're sick of using a stick. You carefully weigh each gallon of water (8lb 5.6oz) and mask each line off with black tape. You etch them perfectly and pour gallon by gallon of water back in to discover they are perfect!

You set up your stencils to etch the volume numbers in. This is the icing!

You turn your kettle right side up to admire your genius only to realize that something is horribly wrong :(

20180708_162316(2).jpg

Last edited:
You want to etch volume graduations in your kettle because you're sick of using a stick. You carefully weigh each gallon of water (8lb 5.6oz) and mask each line off with black tape. You etch them perfectly and pour gallon by gallon of water to discover they are perfect. You set up your stencils to etch the volume numbers in. This is the icing!

You turn your kettle right side up to admire your genius only to see that something is horribly wrong :(

View attachment 3450
Sorry, but that is just funny

That is awesome.

Iron beer? I think you meant "Eisbier".
Shows how much German I know. ;)
You got the drift anyways. Freezing shouldn't harm it anyway. Wonder if it will help it drop clear?

They ARE backward: Ein und zwanzig, zwei und zwanzig....

You want to etch volume graduations in your kettle because you're sick of using a stick. You carefully weigh each gallon of water (8lb 5.6oz) and mask each line off with black tape. You etch them perfectly and pour gallon by gallon of water back in to discover they are perfect!

You set up your stencils to etch the volume numbers in. This is the icing!

You turn your kettle right side up to admire your genius only to realize that something is horribly wrong :(

View attachment 3450
Can you send me a link to the site where you managed to score a kettle that big!

that model you see there is what I use, the sides are somewhat thick but the bottom's are not they work great for me though I have the 1 - 100qt and 2 - 80qt pots bought them with no drilled holes

Back