You know you did it wrong when...

that model you see there is what I use, the sides are somewhat thick but the bottom's are not they work great for me though I have the 1 - 100qt and 2 - 80qt pots bought them with no drilled holes
Mine is the same company but alas it is the lowly 15 Gallon model. I really like it. My review is the top one on Amazon

it really depends, that one is made for a flame, it has an aluminum core I believe but I was referring to its strength, its a stronger material than mine, mine is like a drum if you beat on the bottom its loud but for electric like i have it doesn't really matter

You see the dreaded word "astringent" on the score sheet for your GABF-award winning beer, sample it and agree, then smack yourself in the forehead, remembering that 170° F is the water temperature for the sparge, not the final sparge temperature.

An example of my mantra: No recipe can overcome a process error like this one.

You want to etch volume graduations in your kettle because you're sick of using a stick. You carefully weigh each gallon of water (8lb 5.6oz) and mask each line off with black tape. You etch them perfectly and pour gallon by gallon of water back in to discover they are perfect!

You set up your stencils to etch the volume numbers in. This is the icing!

You turn your kettle right side up to admire your genius only to realize that something is horribly wrong :(

View attachment 3450
Wow... you started out with a 14+ gallon pot, and ended up with a 41+ gallon pot! Gotta get me one of them stencil kits.

Wow... you started out with a 14+ gallon pot, and ended up with a 41+ gallon pot! Gotta get me one of them stencil kits.
Smoke and mirrors

I don't think I could lift a 41 gallon pot....

I screwed up. Followed my schedule instead of the beers schedule and used 2 month old yeast instead of giving it a quick boost. The result is coming home from a vacation to under attenuated keg carbed helles bock. Very disappointing. Should have taken the time to renew the 2 month old saved yeast before pitching but could have possibly saved it if I would have left it to ferment as there was still a bit of airlock activity even after D rest.:(

Just a dumb ass deal, I will kick myself every time I take a swallow of sweet lager. I know better that is the thing. Stupid rookie stunt. And I will drink it if it takes lemon juice to palette it to make sure I don't do it again. The beer told me it wasn't finished yet and I didn't listen. Started at 1.060 and kegged at 1.013. Should have let it ride another week to drop into single digits but kegged cause that was my schedule.

Just a dumb ass deal, I will kick myself every time I take a swallow of sweet lager. I know better that is the thing. Stupid rookie stunt. And I will drink it if it takes lemon juice to palette it to make sure I don't do it again. The beer told me it wasn't finished yet and I didn't listen. Started at 1.060 and kegged at 1.013. Should have let it ride another week to drop into single digits but kegged cause that was my schedule.
Its not too late , warm it up and let it ferment out in the keg properly .
If needs be throw a pack of us-05 at it

Its not too late , warm it up and let it ferment out in the keg properly .
If needs be throw a pack of us-05 at it
Had thought about doing that. Lager temp or D rest temp? I could do either. Did gelatin to it while kegging so more yeast may be nessecary.
Estimated FG was 1.014 but it does not taste finished at 1.013 and the airlock was still bubbling when step chilling at 50f. I have 2 kegs so for now will let it rest so I can kick myself for a while. I do have a s-23 starter I could feed and drop in when working.

Could be worth a shot but a bit of work just for a couple of points + wont be much 02 in the mix now.

Got up and noticed my airlock was very active. I normally don't use airlocks because I feel they're more trouble than they're worth. This morning was no exception. I decided to pull it and pop in a blow off tube. Upon inserting the tube, the rubber grommet popped off and of course fell right into the bucket. I had a small glimmer of hope that there would be a krausen and it would be sitting on top for me to pluck off with quick ninja like skills. Yeah right! No such luck! Horsesh*T!
Grommet is now happily fermenting in the bottom of my 1st Berliner Weisse. Shoulda left well enough alone.

Got up and noticed my airlock was very active. I normally don't use airlocks because I feel they're more trouble than they're worth. This morning was no exception. I decided to pull it and pop in a blow off tube. Upon inserting the tube, the rubber grommet popped off and of course fell right into the bucket. I had a small glimmer of hope that there would be a krausen and it would be sitting on top for me to pluck off with quick ninja like skills. Yeah right! No such luck! Horsesh*T!
Grommet is now happily fermenting in the bottom of my 1st Berliner Weisse. Shoulda left well enough alone.
ALLWAYSkeep a spare grommet around,or 2:p

Back